The Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust is one of the largest acute and community providers in the West Midlands, employing more than 8,000 staff, covering more than 350 different roles. It provides services from three hospitals and nine GP surgeries within Wolverhampton and Cannock.
Carlisle Support Services provides security services to the Trust’s New Cross Hospital located near Wednesfield in the east of Wolverhampton, which provides secondary and tertiary services, maternity, accident and emergency, critical care, and outpatients. Our team of dedicated staff provide car parking management, CCTV surveillance, patrolling, visitor assistance and staff support to all areas of the hospital estate. The security service is of paramount importance due to the vulnerability of the patients within the buildings and the security threat from anyone unauthorised gaining access to buildings where patients are cared for.
Our service provision includes the following:
- 19 Core Security Officers to cover buildings and car parks
- Dual licensed CCTV – Security and Public Space Surveillance
- Electronic Patrol Management System
- 24-hour control room
- Single point of contact
- 3 Level Management Reporting – Strategic, Operational, Tactical
- Dedicated relief staff
- Auditing and feedback – including Mystery Shopper Audits, Penetration Testing etc.
- Bespoke training and licensing for staff – including MAPA®, LSMS and Mental Health Awareness
- Apprenticeship schemes.
Carlisle are pleased to be working with a client that wants to make a difference within the healthcare sector and change the generic approach being delivered within
security and car parking operations. Our offering is designed to add innovative technology to enhance the service provision without the need to replace manpower. Training and development are also key to our long-term success, supported by a dedicated open book approach to our teams and client offering. Carlisle have delivered many innovative solutions including:
- 3 Level Management Reporting – strategic (monthly), operational (weekly), tactical (daily)
- Electronic patrol management system, Work-IT, to ensure all patrols are monitored to comply with response KPI requirements. This also includes live image and video-based reporting.
- Healthcare professional training – including Major Incident Response Management, Control and Restraint
- E-learning delivered online via Moodle
- GPS tracked patrol vehicles
- App based parking enforcement tool
- Staff engagement and development plans including reward and recognition.
“We have been thoroughly impressed with the clear transparency of information and service received from Carlisle to date. It’s great to see their promised-based culture being demonstrated and pleasing to see a business that holds high values with its staff.
We look forward to moving forward together with a real partnership approach”
Paul Smith – Trust Security Manager,
New Cross Hospital
Kyrie, Steve, Jolanta, Daniel, Ben, Clinton, and Ibrar received Core of Carlisle awards after being faced with an incident that hasn’t been seen on site in over 20 years. A patient at the hospital, who was suffering with mental illness and was upset and frustrated, threatened to take his own life with a firearm. Our team confronted the patient and made a semi-circle around whilst calmly talking him down until the armed police arrived. One officer even crouched to the ground to
keep the patient calm. Paul Smith, Trust Security Manager, had no words to describe our officer’s actions. They even received a signed card from the Trust Chief Executive expressing his thanks.