Here at Carlisle Support Services we are looking for dedicated individuals to join our Security team at Cheltenham Racecourse throughout the racing season. As an...
Bye law Enforcement Officer - SIA Licensed
Hours: 40 (average)
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
Shifts: (1400-2300 & 1400-0000)
Pay Rate: £9.50 (when trained) £8.00 (whilst training)
Please note: You will be required to pass Railway Safety Accreditation Scheme NPPV Level 2; Vetting & Training
Here at Carlisle Support Services, we are experts in our field. We develop our staff to become the best at what they do. Our people are our greatest asset. There are over 2,800 people working for Carlisle Support Services. They bring us their passion and commitment, and in return we offer a positive working environment, and some of the best training in the industry.
Carlisle Support Services are currently recruiting a Bylaw Enforcement Officer to work on a prestigious rail contract. The Officer will be responsible for passenger & staff safety & station security.
We are looking for a professional and customer focused Security Officer, to ensure the safety and protection of our client's premises, customers and personnel. You will maintain a high visibility presence and prevent all illegal or inappropriate actions. The goal is to detect, deter, observe and report.
- You will be required to undertake uniformed duties within a disciplined environment
- To perform your duties on a Client led operational roster, with the necessity of flexible approach to the requirements of duty 365 days a year including all Bank Holidays
- To comply with & enforce all Bye law Enforcement Initiatives in accordance with our client's directives
- To proactively strive to achieve current Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) by pioneering a performance culture
- To work collaboratively as a team to create a positive work culture through constant communication, integrity and positive energy
- To provide High Visibility public & staff reassurance patrols on the clients premises
- To liaise with our client's staff to coordinate an effective and strategic patrolling methodology
- To gather, collate, process, update, exchange and manage information and ensure that the standard of information is comprehensive and accurate
- To compile and submit all MG11 witness statements and Car Park Fixed Penalty Notices within the specified time frame
- To proactively deliver an excellent standard of customer service by offering support and assistance at all times. To use initiative and problem solving skills to own customer issues ensuring a positive outcome is achieved
- To handle complaints, unrest or disruption in a patient, calm and effective manner
- To maintain a working knowledge of Client's Electrics network operational procedures, destinations & links
- To champion safety, highlighting any areas of concern ensuring safe working practices are adhered to by proactively intervening to prevent unsafe actions from occurring
- To maintain a safe and pleasant travel experience to all Client's customers
- To offer support, guidance or assistance to any person on client's property and or, at rail replacement bus service locations
- To administer First Aid when required to do so and ensure all accidents are reported & recorded through the appropriate process
- To identify, recommend and contribute to the implementation of any necessary changes in service delivery
- To be responsible for the maintenance and serviceability of all equipment & uniform
- To regard all information provided for the performance of your duties as confidential and not to be discussed with any person not connected with Carlisle Security
- To adhere at all times to the Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984 (PACE)
- To act at all times in line with client's Electrics Customer Care policy
- To adhere at all times to the Transport & Works Act Alcohol & Drugs requirements
- To adhere at all times to the client's Electrics Health & Safety policy
- To maintain a working knowledge of client's Electrics Evacuation Procedures & Fire Regulations
Desirable Knowledge and experience
- Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984 (PACE)
- Customer Service Experience
- Transport and Works Act Alcohol and Drugs requirements
- Data Protection Act 1998
Full uniform will be provided and must be worn on every shift and kept to a high standard.
You must be able to provide right to work documents, including a 5 year work history
Carlisle Support Services is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.