Job Title: Customer Care OfficerDepartment: SecurityReporting to: Contract Manager/ Contract SupervisorDepartment FunctionThe Customer care team is responsible for the smooth and efficient operation of the...
Job Title: Customer Care Officer
Reporting to: Contract Manager/ Contract Supervisor
The Customer care team is responsible for the smooth and efficient operation of the station, delivering excellent customer care and operational standards at all times whilst maintaining a safe and secure environment. A key component to the role is to enhance the brand and overall profitability of the asset by achieving performance targets and other business plan objectives.
Provide a professional and customer focused service to all customers, retailers, visitors, staff and contractors
- Manage customer comments, complaints and queries in a professional manner, escalating to the WYCA as necessary
- Ensure all security activities are carried out adhering to the requirements of the SIA, both criminal and civil law and in compliance to WYCA/Carlisle policies and procedures
- Manage the opening and closing of the Stations ensuring the security of the site at all times
- Participate in the patrolling of the concourse, car parks and external areas taking ownership for responsibilities as identified in your patrol program and assisting customers as required.
- Ensure service and safety across the scheme by carrying out regular checks and patrols escalating any issues or Health & Safety concerns to the Bus station manager or Contract supervisor.
- Manage unacceptable behaviour in line with WYCA procedures
- Provide a deterrent for possible crime
- Being first response to incidents, highlighting issues to the BSM as required.
- Assist in the management and control of any incident so as to minimise customer impact at all times, initiate effective escalation and recording.
- Assist in any investigation and provide documented support to incidents and accidents including incident reports, pocket book notes and witness statements
- Provide support in emergency situations, including fire and bomb incidents.
- Provide support and guidance to your contemporaries whilst on duty.
- To ensure that high levels of Customer Service, Safety and Operational Standards are maintained at all times.
- Provide leadership as required to ensure the development and encouragement when supporting the training of new staff.
- Ensure that all operational activities comply with relevant legislation e.g Security Industries Act, Health & Safety at Work Act, Data Protection Act etc,
- Assist with access control within service yards as required
- Help deliver our Corporate Responsibility Objectives and reduce carbon footprint by supporting business objectives.
- Assist the Contract manager and Supervisors with department performance in line with the Business Plan.
- Assist in any Business management project as instructed.
Ensure effective radio communications, assisting in the monitoring of the stations activities.
- Ensure all radio communication is succinct and in accordance with radio protocol
- Liaise with enforcement bodies to direct and assist them when on site, escalating their requests when appropriate
- Maintain effective working relations with all departments within each station.
- Maintain positive relations with retailers and Bus drivers and domestics.
- Provide written reports to aid company communication both internally and externally. These should prove concise and sound.
- Attend business progress meetings and team meetings as required.
Bus Station and Customer Focus
- Champion customer service and ensure that comments and complaints are recorded and dealt with professionally.
- Be proactive in assisting retailers and visitors, escalating issues to the appropriate Department as necessary
- Offer advice to retailers on Health & Safety and Security.
- Assist WYCA in performing their weekly fire alarm tests to ensure fire systems are maintained in working order and communication is in place between retailers and control room.
- Provide support and maintain good working relations with any external contractors working on site, ensuring their safety and the safety of others at all times
- Satisfy customer expectations of value by understanding the relative importance they place on quality of services and facilities
Assist customers in accordance with the safe child scheme
- Actively promote the Child Safe scheme to visitors
- Keep the Contract Supervisor up to date with any potential issues and opportunities.
- Develop strong relationships with key contacts and other CCO.
- Provide support and cover if feasible on holidays and blow outs etc.
Represent the WYCA to outside agencies in the area, ensuring its profile is effectively maintained as directed by the Contract manager and Supervisor.
- Ensure that the WYCA Guidelines are adhered to at all times and support developement of the team to deliver first class customer service.
- Ensure close liaison with key partners to understand team involvement and requirements for forthcoming events and activities (Sports or social events in your area).
Health Safety and Security
Pro actively support the Centre Health & Safety Policy.
You must ensure compliance with the following legislation, as a minimum.
- Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974
- Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999
- Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992
- Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992
- Health and Safety (Display Screen Equipment) Regulations 1992
- Personnel protective Equipment Regulations 1992
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1992
- Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981
- Electricity at Work Regulations 1989
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002
- Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 1995
- Noise at Work Regulations 1989
- Support a Health and Safety culture among the team, creating a safe place to work travel.
- Support good relationships with the local authority, ensuring a collaborative culture towards any potential issue.
Undertake an extensive mentoring/coaching program
- Attend any training and development courses as necessary
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as required to meet the needs of the business
- Hold and maintain a current SIA Frontline License as dictated by your role.
- Consider support ways of operating more efficiently whilst maintaining / enhancing services.
Centre: Bus station managers (Site specific) Leeds Control room, Contract Manager, Contract Supervisor, Local Authority.
- Retailers: Managers, promotions in the station
- External: Emergency Services (Police City Centre Officers, Fire Service Response, Ambulance Service Response.
GCSE level standard or equivalent.
- Hold and maintain a current SIA frontline license as dictated by your role
- Confident decision maker
- Team player
- Calm under pressure
- Approachable, friendly nature
- Able to use own initiative / innovate
- Good communicator at all levels
- Self motivated and able to motivate others
- Professional outlook
- Strong customer focus
- Be willing to learn and develop
- Have a positive approach, even in adversity
- Be comfortable with responsibility
- Ability to produce accurate witness statements/incident reports
- Good knowledge of S.I.A. requirements and other security matters
- Excellent leadership qualities
- Goal focussed
- Good local knowledge of Leicester
- Able to manage for performance
- Good knowledge of data protection and powers of arrest.