Here at Carlisle Support Services, we are experts in our field. We develop our staff to become the best at what they do. Employing more...
Carlisle Support Services (part of Impellam Group Plc) is looking to recruit an "Accounts Assistant" to work at our Head Office in Luton.
Employing more than 3,000 front-line operatives Carlisle is a medium sized facilities support business operating across four key service lines of Security, Events, Cleaning and Retail Merchandising. We proud to work with some of the UK's leading brands and enjoy successful client partnerships in our chosen market sectors.
With a clear vision that is underpinned by four core and transparent values we are passionate about providing unrivalled levels of customer service and employee engagement. We do this by empowering passionate people to deliver exceptional outcomes.
- Ensure all supplier invoices are processed promptly and accurately in accordance with the companies processes and policies
- Ensure interface files created are imported into Sun and Apollo systems
- Assist all CSS Operational managers to correctly raise POs and ensure compliance with PO process - POs to be accurately coded, raised/approved in advance of supply, and receipted promptly. Promptly resolve any delayed POs
- Balance ledgers on a daily basis
- Proactively liaise between suppliers and Carlisle line management to resolve queries and disputes with the minimum delay to reduce the risk of service interruptions
- Escalate any final demand notices within the organisation
- Attend meetings with suppliers when necessary to resolve queries/disputes
- Prepare payments runs and ensure that payments are in accordance with contract terms and conditions
- Become an expert user of the Concur expenses system and support CSS employees with their expenses claims to ensure timely payment in line with the expenses policy
- Build strong working relationships with key suppliers and internal customers
- Reconcile supplier statements
- Periodically review Direct Debits and Standing orders to ensure payments finish at the same time as supply of goods or services
- Assist with Invoicing, Accounts Receivable and Balance Sheet reconciliations as required
- Complete PL inter-company transactions across all 3 Carlisle entities
- Liaise with management accounts to reconcile and accrue all transactions on the register but not yet to posted in the system on monthly basis
- Experience in a Purchase Ledger environment
- Strong MS Office skills including Excel
- Strong Administration Skills
- Strong Analytical skills
- Interest in studying for AAT/CIMA/ACCA