Here at Carlisle Support Services, we are experts in our field. We develop our staff to become the best at what they do. Employing more...
The railway industry in the UK is positively booming. Are you passionate about being part of this industry? Are you looking to progress your career in Management?
We have an exciting opportunity for a "Team Leader" to join our management team to work at our prestigious Rail contract in Manchester
Employing more than 3,000 front-line operatives Carlisle is a medium sized facilities support business operating across four key service lines of Security, Events, Cleaning and Retail Merchandising. We proud to work with some of the UK's leading brands and enjoy successful client partnerships in our chosen market sectors.
With a clear vision that is underpinned by four core and transparent values we are passionate about providing unrivalled levels of customer service and employee engagement. To do this we strive to always employ managers who are energetic, forward thinking, proactive and clearly visible in how they respect, develop and care for their staff.
We are currently looking for an experienced, enthusiastic customer service professional who can lead a Team and interested in pursuing a career in Rail Industry.
If you are one of them, then we want to hear from you!!
- Manage and Lead a Team and ensure the activities of your team complies with Department for Transport 'TRANSEC' requirements.
- Ensure that safety practices and standards are monitored and improved on a continuing basis, reporting areas of concern to the Group Station Manager
- Ensure the cleanliness and upkeep of all TPE lease areas is maintained at all times. Ensure faults are reported and remedial action taken. Assist with Planned General Inspections, Safety Tours, and comply with Fire and Evacuation procedures.
- Assist the Group Station Manager with pro-actively assessing, monitoring, supporting and motivating the Stations teams, ensuring they deliver excellent customer service.
- Support the Group Station Manager to carry out staff briefings to ensure staff are fully up to date with company safety service and performance standards.
- Maintain a highly visible supervisory presence through meeting and greeting customers in order to offer guidance, assistance and information.
- Promote team working and build good working relationships with staff. Lead by example including wearing full uniform and name badge, booking on/off duty and complying with sickness reporting arrangements.
- Make a positive contribution to the management of train performance, including delay attribution and incident management through BUGLE. Co-ordinate the safe and efficient boarding and alighting of customers in respect of arriving and departing services to minimise delays.
- Co-ordinate train movements during planned and unplanned disruption to services. For example liaising with control and signaller to arrange set swaps and shunt moves.
- Provide information, support and assistance to train crew.
- Post notices, rosters and other relevant communications
- Carry out train dispatch duties (where required).
- Bus/taxi co-ordination duties for rail replacement services.
- Proactively gather and disseminate customer information both face to face and using equipment supplied to defined standards.
- Co-ordinate and liaise with train crews and controls regarding altered workings, during planned and unplanned disruption. Provide information, support and assistance for train crew including posting rosters, notices and train crew communications.
- On a day to day basis ensure the safety of yourself, staff, contractors, and other third parties that may be affected by the company activities. Take immediate action to correct hazardous conditions where reasonably practicable.
Do you have the below Skills?
Applicants must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Experience in leading a Team
- Able to deliver business results
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Strong communication skills
The successful applicant will undertake the "safe dispatch of trains" as part of their duties. A full shift pattern will be given in advance which includes nights and weekend working.
You will work with and as directed by the local Station Manager and must comply with company policy and procedures at all times.
This role is safety critical, requiring a railway medical, drugs & alcohol screening and colour vision test prior to any firm offer of employment
Application and Selection Process
Applications can only be considered upon submission of an up to date C.V