Carlisle Support Services is looking to recruit an experienced Control Room Manager, to work at our Head Office in Luton, (Capability Green). This role will...
Full Time, Opportunity
** Having relevant experience in the Rail Industry with "accreditation for delivering World Host - Principles of Customer Service" would be an advantage
Employing more than 3,000 front-line operatives Carlisle is a medium sized facilities support business operating across four key service lines of Security, Events, Cleaning and Retail Merchandising. We proud to work with some of the UK's leading brands and enjoy successful client partnerships in our chosen market sectors.
With a clear vision that is underpinned by four core and transparent values we are passionate about providing unrivalled levels of customer service and employee engagement. To do this we strive to always employ managers who are energetic, forward thinking, proactive and clearly visible in how they respect, develop and care for their staff.
We are seeking a versatile Training Manager to join our team in Manchester. The ideal candidate will have excellent training and operational experience in the 'frontline rail environment;
- To drive all training activity within the Arriva Rail North contract
- Ensure that all staff are fully compliant with contract specific training needs by delivering training sessions or sourcing third party providers.
- Develop and deliver training courses that will have a dynamic impact in the business.
- Drive and deliver training courses that are being rolled out from a group L&D function.
- Manage the use of the group LMS and e-learning facility
- To ensure that all administration tasks are completed accurately and efficiently
- Maintain accurate data relating to training records across the Northern Rail account.
- To ensure that any confidential information is not disclosed in line with company policy
- To support all contracts across Carlisle Support Services
- To provide regular and accurate reports to the business detailing training activity
- Maintain a high standard of course deliver
- Modify and standardise training material
- Control and report internal and external training activity, costs and awarding bodies
- Book training venues for workshops
- Create and send training workshop joining instructions,
- Create and maintain training matrices,
- Maintain external accreditations are kept up to date and compliant.
- Compile and prepare material for contract newsletter
- Manage training costs and procure cost effective providers
System visibility and Control
- Review and maintain accurate data within the operation & training function
- Generation of accurate and timely reports to be issued to key operational contacts (example reports to include Qualifications, Licenses )
- To track and monitor training performance
- Provide information on training spend
- Ensure CSS are aligned to Impellam Group strategies and policies
Project/Ad hoc Activity
- Support CSS in system based projects to include development/testing and maintenance
- Support CSS administration activities required on projects where appropriate
- Support with future projects requiring systems administration and operational support as dictated by business requirements
- Creation and management of other key operational reports as required
- To conduct other administrative related tasks as directed by the Contract Manager
- Attend meetings, events and training sessions that may be held outside of the normal geographical working area which may require overnight accommodation
- May be required to help deliver training or operational support outside of the normal geographical working area, which may require overnight accommodation
- Quality checks - accuracy of reports, presentations and financial data
- Response times to queries
- Administration compliance
- Internal Impellam compliance audits
- Completion of task/project deadlines as specified
- Appraisal objectives
- Proficient facilitator of group training at front line and management level
- Will have a proven track record within a training function
- Excellent communication skills - articulate and focused, proficient written skills
- Competent user of IT systems
- Knowledge of apprenticeship levy would be an advantage
- Great attention to detail
- Demonstrates the ability to forge and maintain relationships over the telephone and face to face
- Good organisational/time management skills and ability to manage conflicting priorities and deliver to deadlines
- Must be a team player and work collaboratively
- Always does the right thing for the business, colleagues, clients and operatives
- Shows initiative, resourcefulness and professionalism
- Communicates in an open and honest manner
- Focuses on results and aims to deliver an extraordinary performance
- Always take responsibility and accountability
For the right applicant a salary of up to £28,000 is available.
Should you wish to apply please submit a covering letter, along with a CV