Job Title: Area Manager
Department: Cleaning West Midlands Trains Contract
Reporting to: Contract Manager
Location: Northampton and Surrounding Areas.
Hours of Work/Rate of pay: 45 hours per week.
To ensure Carlisle Support Services successfully deliver the operational and financial targets of the London Midland station cleaning contract, ensuring full adherence to our customer's terms of business, KPI's, service level agreements (SLA's) and rail regulations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure service levels delivered adhere to our contract terms and client SLA's
- Continually assess whether innovation or improvement can be made to our service delivery and implement agreed initiatives on a regular basis
- Maximise opportunities to retain and develop the contract by maintaining strong client relationship at all levels
- Direct staff and monitor performance on a regular basis through implementing an effective performance review process and managing any staff performance or conduct issues
- Responsible for the recruitment, retention and rostering of all contract personnel and ensuring that an effective recruitment strategy is in place to ensure your region is adequately manned at all times
- Implement an effective operational plan for winterisation duties in your region
- Responsible for the correct payment of all staff in your region and ensuring full compliance on time and attendance and purchase order processes
- Effectively manage assets and materials to ensure they meet service delivery needs.
- Monitor fuel and vehicle costs to ensure they do not exceed budget
- To Work in conjunction with our mobile Management solution app.
- Complete regular Internal and joint audits across your region to ensure contract and legal compliance, and ensure any non-compliance is rectified and reported
- Ensure station cleaning specifications are adhered to
- Manage client issues log, ensuring timely resolution and ensuring a good working relationship is maintained
- Liaise with local client representatives and deal with service issues and requests for memo work diligently
- Support development of strong relationship with Union and lead by example by utilising appropriate two way communication
- Promote a secure and safe working environment at each site by carrying out regular risk assessments and security reviews
- Communicate Health and Safety processes and policies to your staff and ensure they remain adequately trained including contract specific training i.e. rail processes, in order to comply with legislation and ensure a safe system of work is in operation at all times
- Prepare and deliver timely and accurate reports to the Contract Manager upon request.
Qualifications and Experience
- Must hold a full driving licence
- Sound cleaning industry knowledge and wide business acumen gained from working for a sector competitor or end client organisation who procures these services
- Good regulatory understanding of the rail sector, especially cleaning services (Stations/Trains)
- Strong understanding of Health and Safety regulations
- Excellent communication skills - articulate and focussed, proficient written skills, good listener
- A good people manager, able to motivate and maximise the contribution of a team.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Advanced numerical skills with the ability to understand and control elements of a budget
- Demonstrates the ability to forge and maintain relationships
- Good negotiator
- Good organisational and time management skills with the ability to manage conflicting priorities and deliver to deadlines
- Competent user of IT systems
- Ability to work collaboratively. Must be willing to be hands on and get involved in day to day activities but also have the ability to delegate, think and plan strategically
- Ability/willingness to travel throughout the UK
Able to work weekends and evenings as needed including being part of an on-call rota
- The post holder will be hardworking and committed to ensuring the highest cleaning standards are adhered to at all times.
- Professional at all times and readily interacting with the Public as required.
- A good team player
- Must be a team player and work collaboratively.
- Always does the right thing for the business, colleagues, clients and operatives
- Shows initiative, resourcefulness and professionalism
- Communicates in an open and honest manner
- Focuses on results, performance, quality and compliance and aims to deliver an extraordinary performance
- Always take responsibility and accountability
- Leads by example
- Strong work ethic
- An innovator with the ability to identify and implement improvement initiatives
- Financially driven
- Remains calm under pressure
- Good social skills so that strong working relationships are forged with colleagues
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Good customer care skills
- Smart Clean Appearance
- Totally committed to quality