Carlisle Support Services is looking to recruit an experienced Control Room Manager, to work at our Head Office in Luton, (Capability Green). This role will...
Here at Carlisle Support Services, we are experts in our field. We develop our staff to become the best at what they do. Employing more than 3,000 front-line operatives Carlisle is a medium sized facilities support business operating across four key service lines of Security, Events, Cleaning and Retail Merchandising.
We are proud to work with some of the UK's leading brands and enjoy successful client partnerships in our chosen market sectors.
You will be diligent and observant, always keeping the main focus of your role in mind; to protect our client's premises, assets and personnel.
The successful candidate will have the willingness to quickly learn the role and needs of the client, in order to deliver an exceptional service. Any background of previous Security industry / role, will be considered.
You will maintain a high visibility presence and prevent all illegal or inappropriate actions. The goal is to detect, deter, observe and report.
Do you have the below Skills & Qualifications?
- SIA preferred, but not essential.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Basic PC skills
- Professional manner
- Smart in appearance
The Job Description includes Safety Responsibilities of the job holder, this is to ensure all aspects of the job are understood and discharged in a safe manner in line with the Merseyrail Safety Policy and general safety arrangements;
The identified functions for all Rail Support staff would include;
- Rail Support Staff will be responsible to the Station Manager and or Supervisors for the health, safety and welfare of themselves, colleagues, contractors, customers or general public through any deficiencies of the required standard of their position.
- To proactively deliver an excellent standard of customer service at all times.
- To use initiative and problem solving skills to own customer issues ensuring a positive outcome is achieved.
- To liaise with the Merseyrail PIC (Person In Charge) to coordinate effective and strategic deployment.
- To control the entry, exit and movement of passengers whilst on the station and also at the rail replacement locations.
- To monitor and respond to potential crowding problems.
- To effectively communicate information to customers in a courteous and impartial manner.
- To proactively provide support and assistance to both Merseyrail staff and passengers.
- To communicate service updates and any disruption of services.
- To champion safety, highlighting any areas of concern and ensuring safe working practices are adhered to by proactively intervening to prevent unsafe actions from occurring.
- To fully report all accidents to the Station Manager and or Supervisor, and complete all necessary related documentation.
- To work collaboratively as a team to create a positive work culture through constant communication, integrity and positive energy.
- To have a responsibility for the detection of fire, fire prevention and security of passengers, staff and infrastructure in addition to reporting all suspicious objects to Station staff.
- To maintain a safe and pleasant travel experience for Merseyrail passengers.
- To maintain a working knowledge of Merseyrail Electrics network operational procedures, destinations & links.
- To inform Station staff as soon as possible of all defects relating to fixtures, fittings and facilities, this will include but is not restricted to - seats, shelters, posters, poster frames, lifts/escalators, lights, clocks, toilets, public telephones & CCTV cameras.
- To assist disabled customers and where practicable other passengers with prams/luggage etc on and off trains/rail replacement buses/escalators/lifts/staircases as required.
- To ensure the Station is free of litter and remove or report any potential slip, trip & fall hazard.
- To ensure all Unattended Items and Suspect Packages are processed using the HOT protocol and to follow the correct resolution or escalation process for each.
- To undertake general duties of checking tickets both on and off the station as and when required to do so.
- To operate lifts in accordance with local instructions.
- To ensure that you only perform the tasks for which you are trained and competent to do.
- To act at all times in line with Merseyrail Electrics Customer Care policy.
- To be present at all times in full uniform including any PPE.
- To adhere at all times to the Transport and Works Act alcohol and drugs requirements.
- To adhere to the Merseyrail Electrics Health & Safety policy.
- To maintain a working knowledge of Merseyrail Electrics evacuation procedures and fire regulations.
The above is not intended to be either prescriptive or exhaustive; it is used as a framework to outline areas of responsibility.
- Front Facing Customer Service Experience
- Good People Management & Interpersonal Skills
- Good Communication Skills, both Written & Verbal
- Sector: Security
- Vacancy: Rail Support Staff
- Shifts: 12hr days and 6hr lates.
- Pay Rate: £9.00
Upon successful interview, you would be required to satisfy the companies vetting standards / procedures.