Carlisle Support Services is looking to recruit an experienced Control Room Manager, to work at our Head Office in Luton, (Capability Green). This role will...
Carlisle Support Services is looking to recruit an experienced Control Room Manager, to work at our Head Office in Luton, (Capability Green). This role will report into our Finance Director.
As a national company with the financial security that comes from being part of the global Impellam Group Plc, we are big enough to cope with any size of contract; whilst being small enough to care about every detail of the service we provide to our clients.
Purpose of the Role:
Carlisle Support Services provides customer driven, people-based services, and strives to deliver measurable value to all involved. We do this by empowering passionate people to deliver exceptional outcomes.
The role of the Control Room Manager is to ensure that appropriate staffing levels are deployed efficiently to meet the client's operational requirements; ensuring the day-to-day operation is not impeded whilst maintaining the internal control systems that are integral for the initial stages of invoicing, employee payroll and absence and sickness management.
As the Control Room Manager, you will be required to manage all aspects of staff deployment, shift confirmation and annual leave allocation ensuring compliance in conjunction with the Working Time Directive and operating within the strict parameters of budget requirements
To maintain and enhance Carlisle Support Service reputation and ensure good cost control, whilst maintaining high corporate standards at all times.
- Review performance levels of RSEC Schedulers in compliance to their Job Description and report any performance issues to your line manager.
- Review and Implement dynamic scheduling processes proficient for customer staffing requirements across all four service sectors.
- Support Client and Contract Managers with reactive staffing levels, working closely with the Recruitment team.
- Create, establish and monitor shift cycle procedures and rules adhering to strict timetabling in consultation with operational employees whilst remaining complaint with the Working Time Directive governing operational hours worked.
- Prepare and input staff scheduling on to the Companies designated control system "Timegate".
- Prepare and distributes final versions of the shift schedules, in accordance with the scheduling time-lines, and participates in the regular evaluation of the process in conjunction with the Scheduling Steering Committee formed at Head Office.
- Conduct Timegate system reviews where amended duties have been impacted by Shift Duty Managers and/or audits for quality improvement purposes.
- Attends Timegate internal user group training seminars requested by central system administration.
- Reviews duty arbitration's where pay queries have been generated and assist the Operations Management team and Contract Administration to process timely resolution where errors have been identified.
- Monitor annual leave allocation in conjunction with employee contracts of employment and company policy enforcing compliance subject to exceptional circumstance approved by the Director of Operations
- Communicates Security Threat Levels and best practice information to staff and client stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance with Company Absence Policies and Procedures; tracking and maintain accurate records on Timegate for escalation to the Operational Management team.
- Ensure that all at personnel assigned to the client's establishment are strictly adhering to the statutory obligations contained within the Health and Safety at Work legislation. (Lone Worker monitoring etc.)
- Follow all reasonable instructions and carry out all reasonable duties necessary to deliver an exceptional service to our clients, customers and stakeholders.
- Attend training and development programs as determined by your line manager.
- Monitor access control and security requirements of the Head Office Building including ID Card Production.
- Produce Staff ID Cards and ensuring and maintaining the database.
- Produce weekly reports on each sector identifying service level issues; lost hours, staffing issues, wage queries, and projected concerns identified.
- Review Accident and Incidents reports raised ensuring they have been escalated to the compliance department and contract management teams.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal - articulate and focused.
- Great attention to detail.
- Demonstrates the ability to forge and maintain relationships over the telephone and face to face.
- Good organisational/time management skills and ability to manage conflicting priorities and deliver to deadlines.
- Competent user of IT systems.
- Ability to work collaboratively must be a team player and work collaboratively.
- Always does the right thing for the business, colleagues, clients and operatives.
- Shows initiative, resourcefulness and professionalism.Communicates in an open and honest manner
- Focuses on results and aims to deliver an extraordinary performance.
- Always take responsibility and accountability.
- Service industry experience.
- SIA Licenced.