Hours 48 hours Guaranteed a week on day/night shift patternDay Shift 06.00 to 18.00 Night Shift 18.00 to 06.00Rate of pay : £8.65 per hourHoliday...
Hours - 48 hours Guaranteed a week on day/night shift pattern
Day Shift - 06.00 to 18.00 Night Shift - 18.00 to 06.00
Rate of pay : £8.65 per hour
Holiday - Statutory in line with shift pattern
First Aid Training Provided
The largest inward investor in the UK defence sector and one of the biggest suppliers of defence equipment to the UK MoD is looking for Security Officers for its helicopter division.
The site based in Edinburgh focuses on radar technology and the client leads the way in Europe in this field. Operating a centre of excellence in Edinburgh, they design and manufacture radars for fire control and surveillance that is purchased by government and military customers around the world.
Launch your security career with a world class brand
Duties & Responsibilities
- Register cleared contractors, issue temporary badges, book in/out hire cars, book in staff cars, direct visitors for new ID cards
- Keep aware of what is happening on-site, even when you are not present by following the handover procedure and reviewing the information from the previous shift.
- Provide a visual and physical deterrent to any individual or group wanting to gain access to the site illegally
- Secure the site by controlling access and egress carrying out security patrols to deter crime
- Be aware of hazards reacting to medical incidents and responding appropriately
- Manage traffic, including controlling vehicle access, directing traffic flow, signing in and directing visitors and monitoring the on site parking
- Manage the security of government marked and classified information and materials, helping to maintain the security on site by conducting internal patrols, furniture checks, desk checks and car searches
- Ensure the control room /gatehouse is kept clean and tidy for the next shift
- Operate the control room/gatehouse and reception systems (booking pool cars, IVNS, DHL, Janus. CCTVK)
- Physically fit as the role requires a degree of security patrolling
- Hold a current SIA Licence
- Provide a check-able 5 year work history and meet UK Home Office Security Screening Standards
- Proven work experience as a Security Officer or a Customer Service Role
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite - especially Word, Excel & Outlook
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Solid Written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Excellent organisational skills
- Multitasking and time management skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks
- Customer service focus and attitude
Please apply and upload your CV for consideration for this role.