£9 per hour plus circa £1 per hour accrued holiday payMinimum 44 hours per week4 on 4 off shift pattern (days and nights)Job Role The...
£9 per hour plus circa £1 per hour accrued holiday pay
Minimum 44 hours per week
4 on 4 off shift pattern (days and nights)
The largest inward investor in the UK defence sector and one of the biggest suppliers of defence equipment to the UK MoD is looking for Security Officers for its helicopter division. The site, based in Yeovil, manages the design, development, testing, production, support and sales of the UK's most complete range of rotary aircraft for commercial, public utility, security and defence use.
- Register cleared contractors, issue temporary badges, book in/out hire cars, book in employee cars, direct visitors for new ID card.
- Keep aware of what's happening on-site, even when you're not present, by following the handover procedure and reviewing information from previous shifts.
- Be aware of the relevant emergency and escalation procedures, as the first point of contact when an incident occurs.
- Provide a visual and physical deterrent to any individual or group wanting to gain access to site illegally.
- Secure the site by controlling access and egress, carrying out security patrols to deter crime.
- Be aware of hazards, reacting to medical incidents and responding appropriately.
- Manage traffic, including controlling vehicle access, directing traffic flow, signing in and directing visitors and monitoring the on-site parking.
- Manage the security of government marked and classified information and materials, helping to maintain the security of the site conducting internal patrols, furniture checks, desk checks and car searches.
- Ensure the control room/gatehouse is kept clean and tidy for the next shift.
- Operate the control room/gatehouse and reception systems
- Physically fit as a great deal of patrolling is required
- Presentable at all times, in full uniform
- A full UK Driving Licence as use of the company vehicle is required
- An SIA Licence ideally - although we can fund your training
Annual holiday entitlement is 28 days (pro-rata'd in line with shift pattern), full uniform provision, first aid training and on site restaurant, you'll get the opportunity to launch your security career with a world class brand.
Interested ? then please apply and upload your CV.