Qualifications and Skill Set:
Essential: SIA Frontline Licence; SC Clearance or ability to obtain and maintain; Previous operational experience of managing a site and large (12+) security/admin/reception team and client facing role; Proficient in Microsoft Office applications; Flexibility: with regards to working hours (where required) / tasks / contactable out of normal working hours Desirable: Level 3/4 management qualification or equivalent; Previous experience of Timegate an advantage; First Aid at Work (training will be given if required)
Good communication and interpersonal skills (at all levels); flexible and proactive approach; professional and approachable; an eye for detail; team player
Brief Outline of Key Duties / Responsibilities:
- Management and coaching: manage all aspects of team/individual performance, conducting 1-2-1's with all employees and develop/coach skills as required including the implementation and management of Personal Improvement Plans (PIP) as required.
- Communication: - Ensure that all employees are aware of ongoing tasks or changes to procedures/routine and that correct and thorough shift change overs are completed. Ensure that all employees are aware of communication protocols and escalation processes (client and company).
- Training: Induction for new staff members: ensure all site training records are up to date and review site training where required; ensure all team members are kept up to date with contractual training requirements (F/A); deliver Tool Box Talks and other related training packages
- Investigations/HR: - Ensure investigations of incidents are completed in a professional and timely manner; where employees have been involved and where actions are needed, implement verbal/written warnings or progress to disciplinary action. Sickness and performance management.
- Operational coverage and Site Rosters - Organise employees rotas to their correct days and to make sure that all staff members are aware in advance of their rotas, ensuring every shift is noted to avoid mistakes being made in payments to employees. Ensure adequate cover is provided for holidays, sickness, and daily arbitrations arbitrations are completed to ensure correct payment/billing. Liaison with Carlisle control room, operational management, relief officers and if needed agency's to apply for cover to be arranged for sickness days, holidays, emergency cover. Overtime management.
- Assignment Instructions (AI's) & Risk Assessments: - Ensure all staff are aware of AIs and risk assessments, managing and reviewing all documentation as required.
- Policies and procedures: - Ensure all employees are aware of and adhere to all policies and procedures made by the company and client and review where required. Equipment and uniform: - Complete regular audits on equipment that is used in day to day duties on site, ensuring that all employees have the correct uniform and PPE at all times.
- Finance: Ensure all shift coverage and spend is within budget
- Reporting: - Ensure that all relevant daily/weekly/monthly reports are completed in a professional and timely manner