Rate of Pay : £8.75 per hour
Hours : 9pm to 5am (half hour unpaid lunch) - Saturday & Sunday - cover work may be required at other times
Location - Crewe
Holiday - Statutory accrued in lien with hours worked
An exciting opportunity to work in the transport sector for Carlisle as a train cleaner based at Crewe Station. We are looking for great individuals to enable the business to deliver a first class cleaning service to our client. It's a physically demanding role and involves a significant amount of walking during each shift while undertaking cleaning tasks on stabled trains. The tasks included, but are not limited to, are litter picking, vacuuming of carpets and seats, cab cleaning, toilet cleaning, mopping of hard surfaces, window cleaning, graffiti removal and gum removal.
The main function of the job is to provide clean and hygienic trains for members of the public to travel on the next day.
- To ensure all cleaning tasks are carried out in accordance with the work package plan in a timely manner.
- Record all work delivered in accordance with the processes and procedures stipulated by contract management.
- Record attendance on site using the Carlisle's Time & Attendance system
- Maintenance and care of all equipment, ensuring all equipment is maintained in a safe working condition and report any equipment faults.
- To lead by example, so that the company image and profile is maintained at all times.
- Wear all PPE that is issued for tasks to be delivered and report any loss of PPE in a timely manner.
- To comply with all company Health & Safety Guidelines and continually review practices to ensure breaches do not occur.
- To be aware of the correct usage and concentration of the various chemicals cleaning agents and the correct application of these products to ensure effective results in accordance with the manufacturers guidelines.
- To carry out any reasonable task requested by the Supervisor, Contract Manager, or client.
- To act as an ambassador for Carlisle on site dealing in a professional/business-like manner with all requests from the client.
- Comply with all rail safety regulations and be able to make an "Emergency Call" to a signaler if required.
- Ensure that actions do not endanger either individuals or the environment.
- Good Communication Skills
- Physically fit and mobile
- Ability to get on well with others and inspire respect and confidence
- Sound knowledge of Health and Safety
- Holder of British Institute of Cleaning Science
- Qualified First Aider
Interested ? Please Apply and upload your CV