Carlisle Support Services are seeking an approachable and enthusiastic Relief Security Officer to support the Security team in EdinburghAt Carlisle, we concentrate on putting people...
The largest inward investor in the UK defence sector and one of the biggest suppliers of defence equipment to the UK MoD is looking for a Receptionist for its operation based in Edinburgh. Specializing in radar technology, and working with governments' and military customers around the world our client leads the way in Europe, operating a centre of excellence in Edinburgh.
Our client is looking for an experienced Receptionist, to professionally welcome visitors to the facility, directing them to the correct office/department location and answering calls and e mails or directing these communications to the correct person or department.
- Ownership of your reception area
- Liaise on a daily basis with staff, the client and operational management teams.
- Support the fulfilment of the contracted/business objectives through the range of duty assignments which will involve close liaison with the client and site security and admin teams.
- Contribute as a team member to ensure the safety and a positive customer experience for all visitors.
- Taking and directing calls which maybe from overseas visitors.
- Signing in visitors and supplying them with the correct security pass.
- Updating records on databases.
- Completing administrative tasks like scanning, filing, delivering and accepting mail.
- Providing customer support.
- Representing the business with a positive attitude and professional appearance.
- Ability to use office equipment; computers, photocopiers, fax machines... This role is hands on and will require involvement in issues on an hourly/daily basis
- Excellent communication skills and a strong customer focus.
- Experience in using different computer software.
- Have excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Being able to work under pressure.
- Having a high attention to detail.
- Able to prioritise workload.
- Familiarity of working in a busy reception.
- Able to work alongside an enthusiastic and friendly team that are looking for someone with a "can-do" attitude.
- Front of House Reception experience essential
- 5 year checkable work/career and residence history.
- UK Passport
Carlisle Support Services offers a range of benefits, including:
- Pension Scheme.
- Company Sick Pay Scheme.
- Full company uniform
- Accrued Paid Holidays.Carlisle Support Services adheres to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunities ("EEO") benefits both the Company and its employees. EEO assists employees to develop to their full employment potential while the Company benefits from having a diverse and enthusiastic workforce.