Are you looking for your first job in Customer Service? Or you have previous Customer Experience but looking for a Service Agent role?We are currently...
Salary - £50k to £55k
Hours - 45 per week Mon to Fri
Eurotunnel operates the fixed link transport system between its operational terminals of Folkestone in UK and Coquelles in France. The system provides transport for Heavy Goods and other Commercial Vehicles and Passenger vehicles 24 hours per day, 365 days per year. Both the Freight and Passenger Service departments are critical to the successful operation of all services. The contract staff is engaged to provide cover for day working and on 24 hour shift system according to the specific job. Flexibility in working hours is important in order to provide the support necessary to fulfil duty and roster requirements that can fluctuate at short notice and in accordance with seasonal workloads.
The Contract Manager will be a responsible individual with good management, diplomatic and communication skills who reacts well under pressure and in a crisis. Significant previous experience in a similar role will be essential.
Their duties include the recruitment, induction and training of staff, arranging rosters and holiday/sickness cover, ensuring security operatives on duty are presentable and adequately equipped to perform their required duties, ensure all systems and equipment function correctly, to prepare Weekly and Monthly reports ensuring all tasks have been satisfactorily completed in accordance with the clients requirements.
To ensure all documentation and administration is correctly maintained and to regularly visit each position throughout the shift period.
This position has direct interface with Eurotunnel Management and will be expected to attend and input to monthly management meetings.
The position also requires the Contract Manager to continuously review current documentation, policies and procedures in operation together with identifying areas of vulnerability.
They will be required to develop communications with designated representatives, with the local Police and other related operating bodies such as the Department for Transport.
The role of Contract Manager is to motivate and support site staff to ensure maximum efficiency, take responsibility for day-to-day running of personnel deployed to the Eurotunnel contract to make sure contractual standards are delivered and maintained. Carlisle Support Services provides customer driven people-based services, and strives to deliver measurable value to all involved. We do this by empowering passionate people to deliver exceptional outcomes. Our vision is to be preferred experts and the most trusted provider of people-based services for the customers we serve, and markets we choose to work in. We will do this by promoting 4 core values defined as follows: We will support everyone to be sector based experts. We will deliver on a promise based culture at all times. We will put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We will care passionately for the well-being of everyone. As the Contract Manager at our Eurotunnel site, you will have full control of all functions of the day to day management working to deliver and enhance Carlisle Support Service reputation and ensure the profit potential of the contract is realised, whilst maintaining high corporate standards at all times.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
This role will include a variety of tasks including the following:
- Monitor staff performance taking remedial action where required and using corporate equipment checks, and any other relevant monitoring tools as required.
- Manage the provision and Issue of all uniforms to new starters together with care instructions and outline standards of presentation including the result of failure to meet those standards.
- Provide support and guidance to the supervisory and scheduling team.
- Ensure supervisors have clear objectives and that performance is regularly reviewed across Freight, Traffic Management, STTS Drivers and Passenger Crew teams.
- Manage the team by means of weekly meetings, reports, counselling and training.
- Ensure the contract scheduler and supervisors are able to plan for, and accept responsibility for the preparation of rotas, staffing and wage payments for their site staff, and oversee the staffing levels are met.
- Ensure effective staff meetings are arranged and attended for all shifts.
- Take responsibility for ensuring compliance with Company procedures and policies, in particular proper completion of necessary paperwork i.e. Safe systems of work, quality, environment, health and safety. Ensure compliance with client and legal requirements.
- Monitor customer satisfaction and service levels including agreed KPIs, design and implement appropriate action plans to improve standards where necessary.
- Ensure recruitment campaigns are conducted to ensure staffing levels are maintained to meet the operation requirement.
- Conduct effective staff training and development; including succession plans are in place.
- Ensure that all at personnel assigned to the Eurotunnel contract are strictly adhering to the statutory obligations contained within the Health and Safety at Work legislation.
- Follow all reasonable instructions and carry out all reasonable duties necessary to deliver a World Class service to our clients, customers and stakeholders.
- Attend training and development programs as determined by the Director of Operations & Group Training manager.
- Quest for continuous improvement.
- Highly degree of flexible and adaptable to work varied hours to suit operational demands of a 24 hour service.
- Computer Literature and fully conversation with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Organised and methodical.
- Ability to multitask and make sound decisions in compliance with safety protocols at all times.
- Experience of effectively leading and training teams.
- Experience of working effectively in a team.
- Evidence of taking responsibility and a willingness to take responsibility.
- Experience of managing and training team's large teams and mentoring individuals.
- Excellent level of both verbal and written English communication skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Service industry experience.
- Be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK and hold an appropriate Security clearance certification.
- Full Driving Licence.
Interested ? Please apply and upload CV