HR AdvisorSalary up to £30,000 (depending on experience)Hours : 40 per weekLocation : Head Office, Capability Green, LutonJob Role At Carlisle we focus on the...
Salary - up to £23,000 per annum
Hours - 40 per week
Location: Head Office, Capability Green, Luton
At Carlisle we focus on the provision of cleaning, security, events and retail facilities support services.
We are trusted to deliver business critical functions on behalf of our customers in support of their products and services. Our business model is based on our impressive ability to support our clients demand for capacity with strict change management processes.
As a national company with contracts across the UK & Ireland, we are big enough to cope with any size of contract; whilst being small enough to care about every detail of the service we provide to our clients.
The role of the HR Administrator is to provide responsive, accurate, effective and confidential HR administrative services to the advisory team and the wider Carlisle management team, adhering to Company policies, internal processes and employment legislation.
As HR Administrator you will be responsible for the effective management of all administrative tasks relating to HR processes, onboarding activities (for salaried employees) and engagement activities across the business.
- To generate correspondence in relation to disciplinary, grievance & other employee relations cases
- To generate correspondence in relation to wider HR matters, including but not limited to variation of contract letters, acceptance of verbal resignation, disability declaration & SIA expiry letters
- To complete all administration regarding maternity & paternity cases for salaried employees
- To manage the on-boarding administration for new salaried employees, including issuing the contract of employment, responding to any queries, ensuring compliance with regards to PORTW documents and seeking references
- To respond to all requests for references, including employment references and requests from the Home Office
- To coordinate the Superstars admin
- To calculate redundancy figures as and when requested
- To assist in the management of AWOL, probation & low level disciplinary cases
- To take ownership of TUPE transfer administration, including mail merge
- To maintain the shared inbox and the case file organisation
- To resolve basic queries by email
- To organise HR Training arrangements, including booking rooms and liaising with the participants
- To attend investigation meetings or hearings to take notes when required
- To set up employee accounts on Wagestream
- To support the HR Advisors on HR projects
- To ensure we are GDPR compliant at all times, including enforcement of the clear desk policy
- To adhere to agreed service level agreements with the business and Head of HR Operations
- To work on ad hoc projects and tasks when required to meet the demands of the business
- To provide support to the Head of HR Operations as required
Skills & Experience
- Maths and English at GCSE grade C equivalent
- Previous experience in a busy administrative role
- Excellent communication skills - articulate and focused, proficient written skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good problem solving skills with the ability to anticipate problems and resolve issues using own initiative
- Good organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise & meet agreed deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Competent user of IT systems including basic knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel
- Experience interacting with all levels of management and across organisational lines
- A good understanding of HR systems
- Basic understanding of key employment legislation / best practice
- Customer service in a fast paced environment
- Respectful of the confidentiality of the HR profession
- Reliable and adaptable
- Self-motivated and adaptable
- Patient and knowledgeable approach, able to instil confidence in others
- Friendly & approachable
- Always takes responsibility & accountability
- Always does the right thing for the business, colleagues, clients and operatives
Interested? Please apply and upload your CV