Carlisle Support Services is one of the leading suppliers of value-added solutions across the public and private sectors in the UK and Ireland. Employing over...
Purpose of role:
To assist the Financial Controller in providing an efficient and quality driven payroll service to the business in line with the Carlisle Group strategic goals and shared values.
This will be a part time role, preferably 3 days a week ( 40hrs FTE) with a salary range of £25K - £27K to be prorated.
Shift patterns: Wednesday to Friday every week and can flex the hours within the day as well, should also be prepared to switch those days to run the monthly hourly payrolls when they fall outside Wednesday to Friday.
- Export files from the company's Time & Attendance system and other HR system and send to an outsource payroll bureau for processing and ensure all employees are paid correctly
- Be the key contact for all payroll related queries and process all wage queries for all payroll groups
- Keep up to date with HMRC legislation and ensure compliance
- Keep update with Auto Enrolment Pension rules and compliance
- Completion of Payroll account reconciliations or Balance sheets
- Ensure all HMRC payments are made on time
- Ensure all pensions payments are made to the various pension houses
- Works on projects when asked that deliver process improvement and or new functionality in line with Business plans
Above at all times to be in line with HMRC legislation, General Data protection Regulations and other legal requirements.
Payroll Senior Administrator:
- Work with all team members to achieve targets and standards that support the attainment of the organization's objectives
- Help plan work schedules to ensure timely service delivery to the Business
- Work to planned deadlines, and schedules to ensure timely service delivery to the businesses
- Ensure the regular and consistent delivery of Group, brand and department messages
- Participation in regular and structured team meetings.
- Various office and administrative tasks as required
- To deal with all areas of Pay queries
- One level authorization to make payments to workers
Knowledge and experience
- Comprehensive understanding of payroll end-to-end processes.
- IT literate in Microsoft Excel and Payroll software
- Understanding and knowledge of SMP, SPP, SSP, SAP, RTI and AE pensions
- Knowledge of Payroll Month and Year End processes
- Knowledge and completion of Payroll FPS files
- Good understanding and knowledge of Company PAYE schemes.
- Experience of operating multiple Weekly/Monthly high volume payrolls.
- Can demonstrate in-depth knowledge of payroll technology and has a genuine interest in using systems to reduce administrative burden.
- Disciplined approach to development and implementation of standardised processes and procedures to drive results.
- The ability to pay attention to detail whilst working to strict deadlines.
- Can demonstrate commitment to improving quality.
- Thrives under pressure.
- Credible, open and honest.
- Possesses a "right first time, every time" ethos.
- Naturally inquisitive, with the courage to challenge.
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to deal with a wide range of clients in a friendly and efficient manner by phone/e-mail/letter and web-portals.
- Willingness to work in the details where necessary.
Key Performance Indicators:
- All workers paid accurately and on-time.
- Delivers a quality service at all times.