Pay Rate? £9.50We are looking for a new team of exceptional Security Officers to undertake various shifts based on intelligence lead deployment plans.You will need...
Pay Rate? £9.50
We are looking for a new team of exceptional Security Officers to undertake various shifts based on intelligence lead deployment plans.
- You will need to hold a valid SIA License
- You must have an excellent level of communication and a good command of the English language as you will be interacting with passengers on a daily basis.
- Excellent written English is required as you will be need to complete incident reports which could be used in court.
- To be active, enthusiastic and approachable is a must, as you will be working on the ARN network engaging with the general public, answering their questions and providing an excellent level of service to all ARN customers.
- A desire to help people, deliver a pro-active level of customer service and be professional at all times is a must as you will be the face of Arriva Rail North.
- Excellent at conflict management and able to diffuse situations appropriately.
- Experience in a tram or railway environment is desirable although not essential.
- Be able to satisfy British Transport Police screening & vetting requirements. Integrity is a key consideration in the vetting process and you MUST be able to comply with the 'Vetting Guidance for RSAS Applicants' which will be provided if you are selected to attend an assessment session. The link to the British Transport Police guidance has been provided at the bottom of this advert
- Resident in the UK for a period of 3 years or more
- Eligible to work full time in the UK without restrictions.
- Please also be aware that you will be asked to declare all previous convictions and cautions, including spent convictions and driving offences.
- British Transport Police vetting policy means that if you perform Special Constable duties you will not be able to retain this voluntary role at the same time as performing a Railway Safety Accredited Role.
Please do not apply for this role unless you:
- Are able to comply with the British Transport Police vetting standards as per the guidance provided.
- Are unable to provide a full 5 years' of work history without gaps.
- Are unable to be flexible to work a variety of shifts across 7 days (shifts structured to cover early morning to late at night).
Failure to pass the British Transport Police vetting process could result in the termination of your application or employment.
Selected candidates will be required to attend a mandatory classroom based 5-day induction programme and a 5 day RSAS training course (which must be completed in the first 12 months of your employment).
Core duties and responsibilities of a Railway Security
- Report anti-social behaviour on the ARN network in accordance with company policy and RailwayByelaws and Conditions of Carriage, whilst maintaining service performance.
- Conduct on train patrols on designated routes as directed by the Management team.
- Take appropriate action in dealing with and helping to prevent physical and verbal assaults on staff and customers and where appropriate in conjunction with the help of the British Transport Police
- AssistARN in reducing crime, anti-social behaviour and public order offences on the ARN network.
- Undertake and record all security searches as defined by the TRANSEC regulations where applicable
- Be fully conversant with the local Emergency Plans for areas which you patrol.
- Actively engage with staff and customers providing exceptional customer service.
- Operate within the law at all times, and professionally deal with any individual who refuses to act in accordance with the Railway Byelaws and Conditions of Carriage.
- Ensure you act in a proactive manner in the performance of your duties and obligations and maintain your personal safety at all times and if necessary, by calling upon the assistance of any other appropriate person or the police in the pursuit of their specified duties.
- Officers must have a good command of the English language to enable appropriate use of radio communication channels.