A rapidly growing business, with revenues increasing threefold in the past five years and set to continue. We provide services to a range of high profile and market leading clients across the UK. We are experts in our chosen fields, focusing on the provision of cleaning, security, events, and retail support services. We work in fast-paced, highly collaborative, innovative, and customer-focused environments, empowering our people to deliver exceptional outcomes.
A dedicated Contract Services and Operations Manager (CSOM) will be required between 08:00 hours and 18:00 hours, Monday to Friday. Outside these hours, the CSOM will also be required to cover emergencies and be 'on call' as and when required by the service and/or the Head of Protection Services.
The provider will need to demonstrate how the 'out of hours' emergency senior contract management contact will work 24/7 365 days of the year. Holiday absence and sickness cover must be provided.
Together we'll be:
Actively promoting the company vision by embedding our shared values throughout the team, empowering passionate people to deliver exceptional outcomes because we are:
- Passionate about the wellbeing of everyone
- Putting our customers at the heart of everything we do
- Delivering on our promises - all the time
- Supporting everyone to be sector-based experts
What you'll do:
To ensure Carlisle Support Services successfully deliver its contractual operational obligations and financial targets for the Coventry University Security contract. Ensuring full compliance to customer's terms of business, service level agreements (SLA's), health and safety requirements and legislation associated with the delivery of this service.
- To act on behalf of the University Head of Protection Services in the management of outsourced Protection services.
- To support the University Head of Protection Services in the general provision of University Protection services and/or additional events/activities.
- To ensure the Crime Prevention initiatives are managed and delivered to the relevant University groups, students and societies.
- To provide management reporting as required to meet the service standard and demonstrate compliance with the specification's Key Performance Indicators.
- To manage and ensure 100% compliance with the manpower requirements of the contract and to provide a clear register of attendance to support invoicing.
- Responsibility for legal compliance as it relates to outsourced Protection provision, staff training and licensing and contract employee resourcing and cover.
- For the management and arrangement of monthly review meetings with the University's Head of Protection Services.
- To ensure contract service provision is linked and is compatible with the University's own policies and regulations.
- To effectively manage and be responsible for the whole outsourced service provision and co-ordinate all activities either directly or through delegated responsibilities.
- To maintain communication and a close working understanding/relationship with local authorities/police and emergency services and to take part in all local steering groups as both the providers and University representative.
- To support the University Head of Protection Services in all associated works and to provide on-going crime prevention initiatives and Fire Awareness campaigns throughout the year.
- To ensure the Health and Safety inspection and audit requirements of the University are met/adhered to and reviewed on a monthly basis.
- To conduct any follow up and investigation works as required either instigated by an incident report or at the request of the office of the Head of Protection Services.
- To be responsible for the provision of evidence in support of the University's response to a parking charge appeals process.
- To collate, review and initiate investigation of incident report data together with the onward distribution of completed and vetted reports to the appropriate senior management team at the University.
- To champion the University SafeZone app including the effective management and analysis of data
- To manage and adhere to the Coventry University Procedural documents directly provided by the Office of the
- Continually assess whether innovation or improvement can be made to our service delivery and implement agreed initiatives on a regular basis
- Direct staff and monitor performance on a regular basis through implementing an effective performance review process and managing any staff performance or conduct issues
- Responsible for the recruitment, retention and rostering of all contract personnel and ensuring that an effective recruitment strategy is in place to ensure your region is adequately manned at all times
- Responsible for the correct payment of all staff on your contract and ensuring full compliance on time and attendance and purchase order processes. Escalating any issues appropriately.
- Monitor fuel and vehicle costs to ensure they do not exceed budget
- Manage client issues log, ensuring timely resolution and ensuring a good working relationship is maintained, escalating issues as required.
- Lead investigations for disciplinary, grievance or performance meetings
- Complete/Delegate scheduling/rostering planning both day to day and forward into contract
- Liaise with local client representatives and deal with service issues and requests for work diligently, often
What you'll need:
- Must hold a full driving licence
- Sound industry knowledge and wide business acumen gained from working for a sector competitor or end client organisation who procures these services
- Good regulatory understanding of the retail security sector, especially the use of mobile vehicles to cover requirements across the stores
- Strong understanding of Health and Safety regulations
- Excellent communication skills - articulate and focussed, proficient written skills, good listener
- A good people manager, able to motivate and maximise the contribution of a team.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Advanced numerical skills with the ability to understand and control elements of a budget
- Fully understand the financial process
- Demonstrates the ability to forge and maintain relationships
- Good negotiator
- Ability to work collaboratively. Must be willing to be hands on and get involved in day to day activities but also have the ability to delegate, think and plan strategically
- Ability/willingness to travel throughout the UK
- Able to work weekends and evenings as needed including being part of an on-call rota
What we'll give you:
The opportunity to gain experience and be your best self, to learn and develop through accredited training, to progress your career and to gain reward and recognition for excellence with Superstar and Core of Carlisle Awards. Some of our other benefits include:
- 23 days holiday rising to 25 after two years' service
- Contributory pension scheme after qualifying period
- Health and Wellbeing Plans
- Discounts and Cashbacks
- Paid Volunteering days
- Employee Assistance Program
- Refer a Friend Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
We're committed to continually developing and improving our package of pay and benefits, ensuring we continue to attract and retain the best people. We're also committed to providing ways to enhance the health, wellbeing, and quality of life for all our colleagues.