A rapidly growing business, with revenues increasing threefold in the past five years and set to continue. We provide services to a range of high profile and market leading clients across the UK. We are experts in our chosen fields, focusing on the provision of cleaning, security, events, and retail support services. We work in fast-paced, highly collaborative, innovative, and customer-focused environments, empowering our people to deliver exceptional outcomes.
As an Area Manager within the cleaning department of the business you will help manage the Avanti West Coast Station Cleaning contract with the Contract Manager in order to enhance Carlisle Cleaning's reputation and ensure the profit potential of the contract is realized, whilst maintaining high corporate standards at all times.
Together we'll be:
Actively promoting the company vision by embedding our shared values throughout the team, empowering passionate people to deliver exceptional outcomes because we are:
- Passionate about the wellbeing of everyone
- Putting our customers at the heart of everything we do
- Delivering on our promises - all the time
- Supporting everyone to be sector-based experts
What you'll do:
To motivate and support site staff to ensure maximum efficiency, taking responsibility for the day-to-day running of the cleaning service provision provided to the client, Avanti West Coast, to make sure contractual standards are delivered to the required standard and develop good working relationships with all client representatives.
- Manage the issuing of all uniforms to new starters together with the instructions that outline the standards of presentation expected and the consequences for a failure to meet those standards.
- Monitor staff performance taking remedial action where required and using corporate guidelines where performance fails to meet the standard. Be responsible for operational performance against defined performance standards as designated by the contract.
- Ensure that cleaning operatives use Work-IT to record all cleaning tasks that need to be completed on a daily, weekly or period basis.
- Maintain effective communication and contact with the Contract Manager to ensure operational performance and standards match Company policies and procedures.
- Carry out frequent inspections on staff, compile reports, issue instructions and in general control the service delivery. Report on these matters to the Contract Manager on a daily basis.
- To ensure staffing levels meet operational requirements to ensure that standards are maintained.
- Ensure service levels are set and monitored in order to deliver a consistently high level of service to our clients by completing cleaning audits by using Work-IT, periodic checks, machinery/ equipment checks by using Item-IT, and any other relevant monitoring tools as required
- Provide support and guidance to the supervisory team on each site.
- Ensure operatives have clear objectives and their performance is regularly reviewed.
- Manage the team by means of weekly meetings, reports, counselling, and training.
- Ensure that all shifts are created on Carlisle's chosen Time and Attendance system, so enabling staff to log their attendance at work, via TG App or Auto login functions
- Ensure all shifts are arbitrated on the T&A system within 72 hours.
- Take responsibility for ensuring compliance with Company procedures and policies, in particular proper completion of necessary paperwork systems for quality, environment, health and safety. Ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Monitor customer satisfaction and service levels including agreed KPIs, design and implement appropriate action plans to improve standards where necessary.
- Ensure effective staff training and development; including succession plans are in place.
- To ensure that all employee work for Carlisle Cleaning on the contract comply with all client and company policies and procedures and adhere to the statutory obligations contained in the Health and Safety at Work legislation
What you'll need:
- Positive, motivated leader
- Passion for excellent customer service
- Proactive - ability to think outside the box
- Quest for continuous improvement
- Highly flexible and adaptable /The ability to work flexible hours / predominantly Monday to Friday, however, there may be a duty weekend. Flexibility required
- Organised and methodical
- Ability to multitask and make sound decisions quickly
- Experience of effectively leading and training teams
- Experience of working effectively in a team
- Experience of managing and training teams of at least 20 people
- Strong level of both verbal and written English communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Commercially Aware
- Service industry experience
What we'll give you:
The opportunity to gain experience and be your best self, to learn and develop through accredited training, to progress your career and to gain reward and recognition for excellence with Superstar and Core of Carlisle Awards. Some of our other benefits include:
- 23 days holiday rising to 25 after two years' service
- Contributory pension scheme after qualifying period
- Health and Wellbeing Plans
- Discounts and Cashbacks
- Paid Volunteering days
- Employee Assistance Program
- Refer a Friend Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Rail Pass to travel
We're committed to continually developing and improving our package of pay and benefits, ensuring we continue to attract and retain the best people. We're also committed to providing ways to enhance the health, wellbeing, and quality of life for all our colleagues.