Able to ensure all personnel are fully engaged with the client's (ACC Liverpool) vision and methodology whilst living to the Carlisle Support Services values.
A rapidly growing business, providing services to a range of high profile and market leading clients across the UK. We are experts in our chosen fields, focusing on the provision of cleaning, security, events, and retail support services. We work in fast-paced, highly collaborative, innovative, and customer-focused environments, empowering our people to deliver exceptional outcomes.
What you'll do
As Contract Manager at the iconic ACC Liverpool (M&S Bank Arena) you will have a key responsibility over delivering security services for an array of events from concerts, conferences, sporting events, exhibition and more, whilst ensuring full compliance, health and safety and legislation requirements associated with delivery of the event security service.
What you'll need
- Ensure service levels delivered adhere to our contract terms and client SLA's
- Ensure protection of client personnel, assets, brand and profit via selection and deployment of best practice processes and motivated and highly trained personnel
- Ensure sufficient levels of qualified and competent staff are maintained to meet the current and projected future levels of personnel required
- Identify and introduce appropriate and agreed innovation or improvements in line with client's expectations and vision
- Identify and introduce ways to improve service delivery that improve cost base and enhance customer/stakeholder satisfaction
- Ensure all officers are deployed in line with the rigours of the Private Security Industry Act 2001 in terms of aligned licensing and training for officers and issues of screening for matters of safeguarding
- Complete regular audits across the team to ensure contract and legal compliance, and ensure any non-compliance is rectified and reported.
- Promote a secure and safe working environment at each site by carrying out regular risk assessments and security reviews
- Communicate Health and Safety processes and policies to all staff and ensure they remain adequately trained including contract specific training
- Direct staff and monitor performance via an effective performance review process and managing any staff performance issues promptly and in line with HR guidelines
- Responsible for the recruitment and retention all contract personnel
- Prepare monthly financial information for invoicing
- Establish and encourage proactive working relationships with the key client stakeholders and local community.
- Build a positive relationship with client, portraying progress on key focus areas.
- Performance Management & Record Keeping
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- SIA Licensed
- Good understanding of the UK Security/ Events Security industry,
- Previous recruitment experience
- Previous people management experience
- Knowledge and experience of dealing with physical and electronic security methods and measures
- Excellent communication skills - articulate and focussed, proficient written skills, good listener
- A good people manager, able to motivate and optimise outputs from team members.
- Keen commercial skills with the ability to understand and control a P&L
- Excellent IT skills
- Ideally hold full UK Driving Licence
- Flexibility around working hours and patterns, with some weekends required
What we'll give you
The opportunity to thrive and be your best self, to learn and develop through accredited training, to progress your career and to gain reward and recognition for excellence. Some of our other benefits include:
- 4% matched pension (after qualifying period)
- Life Assurance 2x annual salary
- 23 days holiday rising to 25 after two years' service
- Health and Wellbeing Plans
- Discounts and Cashbacks
- Paid Volunteering days
- Employee Assistance Program
- Refer a Friend Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
We're committed to continually developing and improving our package of pay and benefits, ensuring we continue to attract and retain the best people. We're also committed to providing ways to enhance the health, wellbeing, and quality of life for all our colleagues.