Able to ensure Carlisle Support Services successfully delivers its contractual operational and financial targets within a portfolio of contracts, West Midlands Trains and East Midlands Railway , ensuring full compliance to customer's terms of business, service level agreements (SLA's), health and safety requirements and legislation associated with the delivery of this service.
A rapidly growing business, providing services to a range of high profile and market leading clients across the UK. We are experts in our chosen fields, focusing on the provision of cleaning, security, events, and retail support services. We work in fast-paced, highly collaborative, innovative, and customer-focused environments, empowering our people to deliver exceptional outcomes.
What you'll do
Create and maintain a unified service delivery methodology for security based around the values of Carlisle Support Services
What you'll need
- Ensure service levels are consistently delivered and fully adhere to our contract terms and client SLA's
- Ensure protection of client personnel, assets, brand and profit via selection and deployment of best practice processes and motivated and highly trained personnel.
- Ensure sufficient levels of qualified and competent officers are maintained to meet the current and projected future levels of personnel required.
- Identify and introduce appropriate and agreed innovation or improvements in line with client's expectations and vision.
- Identify and introduce ways to improve service delivery that improve cost base and enhance customer/stakeholder satisfaction.
- Ensure all officers are deployed in line with the rigours of the Private Security Industry Act 2001 in terms of aligned licensing and training for officers and issues of screening for matters of safeguarding.
- Ensure all officers have safe systems of work for all tasks undertaken which are communicated and understood by all team members and documented as being so.
- Complete regular audits across the network to ensure contract and legal compliance, and ensure any non-compliance is rectified and reported.
- Promote a secure and safe working environment at each site by carrying out regular risk assessments and security reviews.
- Ensure any accident, incident or near miss is reported and subsequently investigated to conclude root causes in line with accepted reporting procedures (CSS and Client)
- Communicate Health and Safety processes and policies to all staff and ensure they remain adequately trained including contract specific training i.e., rail processes, to comply with legislation and ensure a safe system of work is in operation at all times.
- To maintain employment levels to achieve full staffing levels (particularly in covering annual leave and sickness absence) within budget, and recruit and manage employees in accordance with Company policies and legislative standards. Full account must also be taken of client requirements including relevant procedures.
- Coach and support our people to reach their full potential through individual career development, regular one to one meetings and annual performance development reviews.
- Work collaboratively with your Supervision team to create a positive work culture through constant communication, integrity and positive energy.
- Collaborate with the Finance Team to ensure monthly invoices and back up data are accurately provided for your client(s)
- Participate in regular reviews of financial information to ensure accuracy of Profit & Loss statements etc.
- Establish and encourage proactive working relationships with the key client stakeholders and local community.
- Support development of pragmatic working relationship with any associated unions (where applicable)
- Establish and encourage proactively working relationships with local emergency services and police
- Financial performance - assist with the compilation of the monthly P&L
- Conduct monthly client temp checks at all sites in your portfolio.
- To regard all information provided for the performance of your duties and all other information gained during these duties as confidential and not to be discussed with any person not connected with Carlisle Support Services.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Significant experience in operations management within a security environment with knowledge of rail/transport desirable
- Strong people management skills and experience of leading and managing teams of people across multiple locations.
- Experience of working in a customer-driven service environment.
- Excellent communication skills - articulate and focused, proficient written skills, good listener
- Self-motivated and able to adapt to a changing environment.
- Skilled influencer.
- Driven by performance and results.
- Must hold a full UK driving license
- SIA Licensed
- IOSH Certificate or equivalent
- Keen commercial skills with the ability to understand and control a P&L
- Good organisational and time management skills with the ability to manage conflicting priorities and deliver to deadlines.
- Flexibility around working hours and patterns
What we'll give you
The opportunity to thrive and be your best self, to learn and develop through accredited training, to progress your career and to gain reward and recognition for excellence. Some of our other benefits include:
- 4% matched pension (after qualifying period)
- Life Assurance 2x annual salary
- 23 days holiday rising to 25 after two years' service
- Health and Wellbeing Plans
- Discounts and Cashbacks
- Paid Volunteering days
- Employee Assistance Program
- Refer a Friend Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Private Health Care
We're committed to continually developing and improving our package of pay and benefits, ensuring we continue to attract and retain the best people. We're also committed to providing ways to enhance the health, wellbeing, and quality of life for all our colleagues.