A rapidly growing business, with revenues increasing threefold in the past five years and set to continue. We provide services to a range of high profile and market leading clients across the UK. We are experts in our chosen fields, focusing on the provision of cleaning, security, events, and retail support services. We work in fast-paced, highly collaborative, innovative, and customer-focused environments, empowering our people to deliver exceptional outcomes.
Able to balance customer needs with business goals and know how to deliver robust plans for that provides clarity for all internal and external stakeholders. You are a subject matter expert who will proactively ensure the delivery of security, stewarding and event operations. You're capable of coaching, supporting, and developing teams to achieve excellent results, you thrive on challenge and embrace change. You are an expert, but you never stop learning and evolving new ways of working, having a direct impact on improving the performance of the business. To provide our customer with a high quality security operation, ensuring the on site team meet the fulfillment levels required and are fully trained in line with the contract requirements.
Together we'll be:
Actively promoting the company vision by embedding our shared values throughout the team, empowering passionate people to deliver exceptional outcomes because we are:
- Passionate about the wellbeing of everyone
- Putting our customers at the heart of everything we do
- Delivering on our promises - all the time
- Supporting everyone to be sector-based experts
What you'll do:
Reporting to the Head of Operations the post-holder will be responsible for the effective management of all Customer Service and Revenue Protection activities within the contract in a defined geographical area ensuring these align to relevant specifications and are carried out to a high standard for our client Arriva Rail North. A flexible approach is essential, working as part of a team by sharing knowledge and experience in order to deliver the very best solutions available.
- Ensuring a safe working environment, which adheres to statutory obligations aligned to Health and Safety at Work legislation, through analysis of risk
- To understand, communicate and ensure compliance with our legal obligations, company policies and Carlisle Support Services expectations
- Ensuring any accident, incident or near miss is reported and subsequently investigated to conclude root causes in line with the client's reporting procedure
- To maintain employment levels to achieve full staffing levels (particularly in covering annual leave and sickness absence) within budget, and recruit and manage employees in accordance with Company policies and legislative standards
- Coach and support our people to reach their full potential through individual career development, regular one to one meetings and annual performance development reviews.
- To contribute towards completion of a weekly newsletter aimed at engaging with employees using DotMailer campaigns.
- Managing performance and behaviours through effective use of HR Tools; taking responsibility for overall operational performance.
- To work collaboratively with your Supervision team to create a positive work culture through constant communication, integrity and positive energy.
- Oversee scheduling activities to ensure staffing levels are sufficient through effective rostering and management of holidays, keeping variable wage costs within budget
- Reporting any equipment failures, damage to premises, minor repairs or any other safety hazards
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with client representatives through a proactive approach
- Support the Head of Operations with timely provision of management information reports and KPIs. To achieve this the post-holder will gather, collate, process, update, exchange and manage information and ensure the standard of information is comprehensive and accurate.
- To regard all information provided for the performance of your duties and all other information gained during these duties as confidential and not to be discussed with any person not connected with Carlisle Security.
- Other duties commensurate with the role as many be deemed appropriate by your line manager
What you'll need:
- Significant experience in operations management with knowledge of the railway
- Strong people management skills and experience of leading and managing teams of people across multiple locations
- Experience of working in a customer-driven service environment
- Able to problem solve and demonstrate solution orientation
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to adapt to a changing environment
- Skilled influencer
- Demonstrates the ability to forge and maintain relationships over the telephone and face to face
- Good organisational and time management skills, with the ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Driven by performance and results
- Competent user of IT systems
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Must hold a full UK driving license
What we'll give you:
The opportunity to gain experience and be your best self, to learn and develop through accredited training, to progress your career and to gain reward and recognition for excellence with Superstar and Core of Carlisle Awards. Some of our other benefits include:
- 23 days holiday rising to 25 after two years' service
- Contributory pension scheme after qualifying period
- Health and Wellbeing Plans
- Discounts and Cashbacks
- Paid Volunteering days
- Employee Assistance Program
- Refer a Friend Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
We're committed to continually developing and improving our package of pay and benefits, ensuring we continue to attract and retain the best people. We're also committed to providing ways to enhance the health, wellbeing, and quality of life for all our colleagues.