At Carlisle we focus on the provision of Cleaning, Security, Events and Retail facilities support services.
We are trusted to deliver business critical functions on behalf of our customers in support of their products and services. Our business model is based on our impressive ability to support our clients demand for capacity with strict change management processes.
As a national company with contracts across the UK, we are big enough to cope with any size of contract; whilst being small enough to care about every detail of the service we provide to our clients.
The role of the Digital Content Developer is to provide colleague focussed, responsive, accurate and pragmatic digital learning solutions and provide managers and colleagues a best in class on-line learning experience.
Carlisle Support Services provides customer driven people-based services and strives to deliver measurable value to all involved. We do this by empowering passionate people to deliver exceptional outcomes. Our vision is to be preferred experts and the most trusted provider of people-based services for the customers we serve, and markets we choose to work in.
We will do this by promoting our four core values defined as follows:
- We will support everyone to become "Sector-Based Experts"
- We will always deliver on a "Promise-Based culture"
- We will put our "Customers at the Heart" of everything we do
- We will "Care Passionately" for the well-being of everyone
- To design and create a range of innovative, intuitive, and engaging digital learning solutions to enable employee development in support of our development strategy.
You will be responsible for supporting our development strategy by:
- Developing effective eLearning & digital content that meets the performance & development needs of our colleagues
- Create intuitive and engaging on-line learning materials and interactive multi-media, such as video, audio/podcasts, presented media to enable performance development
- Coordinating access to learning resources through ollie (LMS)
- Ensure the library of 'bespoke' e-learning resources and supporting materials are brand compliant and accessible to all.
- Create, deliver, and manage engaging performance & development experiences accessible to all, across multiple mediums suitable to differing learning styles.
- Produce full instructional and visual designs of required bespoke organisational development solutions including initial storyboarding and creative proposals and their subsequent design.
- Work closely with the Training & Development (T&D) team and our Divisions across the wider business to distil key knowledge, practices, strategy and methodology into accessible, innovative, modular based, digital learning content aimed at encouraging development as an everyday activity for everyone throughout Carlisle Support Services.
- Work with the Head or T&D, HSQE team, Divisional Management teams and our Support Functions to script, storyboard and deploy learning interventions/solutions.
- Conceptualise and build engaging e-learning content to support development paths by utilising appropriate authoring tools.
- Create & maintain a visual asset library.
- Evaluate existing learning materials and convert to digital content in line with best practice methodologies.
- Work collaboratively with the marketing and T&D team to create an impactful learning experience for the learner.
- Shared responsibility for the development and maintenance of ollie (LMS) providing support to the T&D function with digital content builds.
- Produce content that applies individual creative input whilst adhering to brand and style guidelines.
- Produce e-Learning content on time and on budget, maintaining detailed and accurate content and project documentation including content outlines, storyboard, assessment material, assets list and transcripts during the production lifecycle.
- Collaborate with the head of Training & Development to maintain the library of training materials ensuring the content and production quality is maintained to a "best in class" standard.
- Ensure own knowledge and learning methodology remains relevant by proactively networking and exploring new methods, research, and best practice within the learning & development arena.
Skills & Experience:
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills and the ability to build relationships with ease
- Ability to create engaging eLearning content
- Demonstrable skills in eLearning development applications and tools
- Knowledge of/experience with eLearning technical standards (SCORM, AICC, XAPI)
- Experience of graphic design applications to develop visually appealing and engaging experiences (Adobe creative suite)
- Experience of video / audio production and editing
- Design-focused with a keen eye for detail
- A branding wizard, able to create impactful iconography and visuals that represent the company Vision, values, and strategy
- Adaptable, flexible, and motivated to drive results in a fast-paced environment where change is a constant
- A commitment to lifelong learning
- Working knowledge of eLearning technology and SCORM authoring tools such as i-spring, Articulate, Captivate
- Working knowledge of web authoring and web development software
- Knowledge of Microsoft office software packages - particularly PowerPoint
- Able to singlehandedly develop content, quizzes, voiceovers etc.
- Enthusiastic about virtual training, self-lead development and eLearning
- Enjoys working as part of a team, but can equally work autonomously
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- A background within Learning & Development/adult learning or a related field
- Knowledge of instructional design, understanding of ADDIE and adult learning principles
- A background in recruitment/staffing/sales
- Understands and can demonstrate the value of an LMS and digital learning resources