We are a rapidly growing support services provider, trusted to deliver business critical functions on behalf of our customers in support of their products and services. Our business model is based on our impressive ability to support our clients demand for capacity with strict change management processes.
As a national company with contracts across the UK, we are big enough to cope with any size of contract; whilst being small enough to care about every detail of the service we provide to our clients.
The role of the Divisional HR Manager (North) is to provide employee focussed, responsive, accurate and pragmatic HR solutions and support to managers, employees and flexible employees in-line with company policies, internal procedures and strategic goals.
As a Divisional HR Manager you will be responsible for the effective support & management of all people based issues across the contracts within your remit, whilst ensuring all operations adhere to Company policy and legal requirements. You will be proactive in the identification & resolution of any front-line employee engagement issues and build strong relationships with the Managers in your region.
The role will involve extensive UK travel, with a majority of our contracts in the North being based along the M62, M1, M42 & M6 corridors. When not travelling to site, the role will be based at our offices in Central Manchester. Whilst working hours will predominantly be Monday-Friday, there will be a need to work evenings / weekends on occasion.
- To act as an "ambassador" of the company, working in line with our core value
- To work with the Head of HR & the other HR Managers across the group to promote a joined up approach to HR matters
- To identify the key people issues within the contracts in the division, and work closely with the Contract Managers to tailor solutions according to the needs to the contract
- To implement and monitor a strict performance management programme
- To provide dedicated on-site support for all new contract mobilisations
- To promote employee engagement across the northern region by recognising that our employees are our most valuable assets
- To work with the Divisional Recruitment Manager to support the recruitment of all new employees
- To adhere to agreed service level agreements with the business and Head of HR
- To work on HR projects as directed by the Head of HR
Essential skills & experience:
- CIPD level 5 or equivalent qualification
- Experience working in a Divisional HR role or similar
- Expertise across the main key HR functions - Employee Relations, Engagement, HR Admin & Performance Management
- Solid TUPE / mobilisation experience
- Proven experience building excellent working relationships with all levels of employee, management and third party stakeholders
- An excellent understanding of key employment legislation & best practice
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to work independently and resolve issues using own initiative
- Full UK driving licence for a minimum of 2 years
This is an exciting new opportunity for a passionate and driven HR professional who thrives in a busy and sometimes pressured working environment.