Responsible for the day to day running of the revenue operation in order to maintain a high level of service delivery in line with contract requirements.
As Duty Manager there will be a requirement to act as a first point of contact for employees and client representatives on a daily basis. Working closely with the scheduling team, administrator and Team Leaders to ensure that the operation is as effective and efficient as possible.
Shared Values: The post-holder will actively promote the company vision by embedding our shared values within all areas of activity.
Promise based culture - we will deliver on our promises
Sector based experts - we will support our team to become experts in their roles
Customers at the heart - we will put our customers at the heart of everything we do
Care passionately for all - we will care passionately for the well-being of everyone
- Work with the Contract Manager to ensure that sufficient levels of resources are available for the scheduling team to deploy (Recruitment).
- Ensure the revenue protection operations are executed in line with customer requirements.
- Work with the scheduling team to ensure that all sites are covered according to the contract.
- Ensure that relevant local working instructions are followed according to the customer requirements.
- Ensure all employees report for duty in line with site requirements.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and processes
- To assist with station revenue blocks as directed (supporting special events).
- Work with other DMs and Admin to ensure that regular contact is made with all staff members across all regions on a frequent basis.
- Ensure all company issued equipment is present and being used and maintained correctly. Any faults or instances of lost, stolen or damaged equipment to be reported accordingly.
- Report any faulty customer supplied equipment (ATG / Zebra) to the customer.
- Ensure that the uniform standards of all site personnel conforms to Carlisle and Northern Standards
- Fully investigate and respond to any customer complaints in a timely manner.
- Act as a deputy for the Contract Manager as and when required.
- Undertake management training as and when required.
- Attend client meetings alongside Contract Manager as part of development.
- Completion of H&S Inspections (training to be provided)
- Work with the scheduling team to ensure that the Timegate System is accurately maintained with relation to staff shifts and timings for pay and billing purposes.
- Work with the Contract Manager to control costs relating to uniform and staff equipment (effective staff visits).
- Ensure that all employees have the relevant training required for specific sites (eg; ATG competency).
- To deal with and resolve staff issues as escalated.
- Coaching and mentoring of team to ensure best practice and highest levels of customer service delivered.
- Ensure that engagement with staff is documented via Site-IT and Visit-IT.
- Follow up on all instances where employees have failed to follow the correct procedures in reporting for duty.
- Promote, identify and recognise good performance by nominating staff through internal recognition schemes.
Performance Management & Record Keeping
- Work with the administrator to ensure that all relevant records and documentation are maintained accurately (sickness absence etc).
- Carry out investigations (disciplinary/grievance) where appropriate.
- Carry out probationary reviews with all new starters.
- Work with administrator to ensure that all return to work interviews are conducted in a timely manner in line with company procedure.
- Maintain the highest professional standards as an employee of Carlisle ensuring that a total quality approach is adopted to work colleagues and clients.
- Attendance and participation in regular review meetings is required.
- Experience in a supervisory role is essential.
- Experience of working in a customer-driven service environment
- Able to problem solve and demonstrate solution orientation
- Excellent communication skills - articulate and focused, proficient written skills, good listener
- Self-motivated and able to adapt to a changing environment
- Ability to negotiate positively
- Demonstrates the ability to forge and maintain relationships over the telephone and face to face
- Good organisational and time management skills, with the ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Competent user of IT systems
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Flexibility around working hours and patterns is essential
It is the post holder's duty to:
- Take reasonable care of their own health and safety and the health and safety of others who may be affected by your actions or omissions.
- Only carry out work in accordance with any training, instruction or company procedure that is relevant to the role.
- Inform the Contract Manager of any health and safety problems identified by themselves, colleagues or others.
- Co-operate with the Contract Manager in meeting all health and safety requirements.