Carlisle Support Services are seeking a reliable and experienced Duty Manager for a contract within the rail industry.
Purpose of Role: Responsible for the day to day running of the revenue operation in order to maintain a high level of service delivery in line with contract requirements.
Job Description: As Duty Manager there will be a requirement to act as a first point of contact for employees and client representatives on a daily basis. Working closely with the scheduling team, administrator and Team Leaders to ensure that the operation is as effective and efficient as possible.
- Work with the Contract Manager to ensure that sufficient levels of resources are available for the scheduling team to deploy (Recruitment).
- Ensure operations are executed in line with customer requirements.
- Work with the scheduling team to ensure that all sites are covered according to the contract.
- Ensure that relevant local working instructions are followed according to the customer requirements.
- Ensure all employees report for duty in line with site requirements.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and processes
- Work with other DMs and Admin to ensure that regular contact is made with all staff members across all regions on a frequent basis.
- Ensure all company issued equipment is present and being used and maintained correctly. Any faults or instances of lost, stolen or damaged equipment to be reported accordingly.
- Report any faulty customer supplied equipment (ATG / Zebra) to the customer.
- Ensure that the uniform standards of all site personnel conforms to Carlisle and Northern Standards
- Fully investigate and respond to any customer complaints in a timely manner.
- Act as a deputy for the Contract Manager as and when required.
- Undertake management training as and when required.
- Attend client meetings alongside Contract Manager as part of development.
- Completion of Health & Safety Inspections (training to be provided)
- Experience in a supervisory role is essential.
- Experience of working in a customer-driven service environment
- Able to problem solve and demonstrate solution orientation
- Excellent communication skills - articulate and focused, proficient written skills, good listener
- Self-motivated and able to adapt to a changing environment
- Ability to negotiate positively
- Demonstrates the ability to forge and maintain relationships over the telephone and face to face
- Good organisational and time management skills, with the ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Competent user of IT systems
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Flexibility around working hours and patterns is essential