Carlisle Support Services are now seeking a dedicated Duty Security Manager to join the team at Coventry University.
They will be required to work rotating day and night shifts over a weekly period working an average of 42.5 hours per week - 4 Days, 4 Off, 4 Nights
Pay rate: £14.82
The Duty Security Manager duties will encompass the management of the Front Line Protection provision of Coventry University and be the operational point of contact and service delivery while on duty.
- 5 years checkable work history
- Unrestricted right to work in the UK/EU
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Demonstrable operational background in the Contract Security business.
- Demonstrable planning and organisational skills
- Computer literate with intermediate knowledge of MS Word and Excel, along with Google programmes
- People management skills
- Strong communication and negotiation skills with a range of stakeholders
- The ability to effectively time manage, plan and prioritise different elements of the workload.
- Ability to show a level of trust and respect for customers, staff and management
- Previous Front Line management or Supervisory experience within a security related field
- Full Driving License
- First aid at work would be advantageous
- To support the University Head of Protection Services and Carlisle Support Services Contract Management in the general provision of University Protection services and/or additional events/activities
- To ensure the Crime Prevention initiatives are managed and delivered to the relevant University groups, student and societies.
- To manage and ensure 100% compliance with the manpower requirements of the contract and to provide a clear register of attendance to support invoicing
- Responsibility for completion of staff training and development for their team and assistance in contract employee resourcing and cover.
- To ensure Front Line service provision is linked and is compatible with the University's own policies and regulations
- To maintain communication and a close working understanding/relationship with local authorities/police and emergency services.
- To arrange delivery of on-going crime prevention initiatives and Fire Awareness campaigns throughout the year.
- To seek to exceed all quality targets
- To provide direction and management for delivery of service of the University Protection Team, this is includes ensuring the deliverable of all key duties to ensure that the staff, student and visitors are working within a controlled and safe environment
- To ensure that all Security Duties are delivered within in the requirements of the University Standard Operating procedures and therefore maintaining the security of University Assets
- To Manage and escalate all emergency response procedures while on duty
- To proactively investigate and resolve Operational service issues and incidents
- Market leading rate of pay
- Full Uniform
- Full induction, on-going training, and career development
- Company pension
- Employee assistance programme