Carlisle Support Services are the chosen supplier of Event Safety Stewards for Cheltenham Racecourse, and we are currently recruiting Event Safety Stewards from the surrounding areas for the upcoming racing season and ad-hoc events at the racecourse now that lockdown is lifting.
We are looking for smart, reliable event team members with good communication skills to help us provide a professional, efficient and safe service to our client at the racecourse. Working at the racecourse is a fun and lively role with a variety of interesting duties and we are looking to build our team to support race day operations.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Providing guidance, information and directing customers and being the first point of contact.
- Providing an excellent level of knowledge and customer service.
- Manage safety and security processes and procedures.
- Monitor and control crowds.
- Preventing unlawful entry into venues.
- Ensure safe entry and exit of customers.
- Check tickets and accreditation.
- Manage conflict.
- Working as part of a team.
- At least 18 years old.
- Willing to learn and develop.
- Flexible attitude to working hours (evenings and weekends).
- Reliable and punctual.
- Smart appearance.
- Possess effective communication skills and ability to interact with customers in a positive manner.
- Pro-active attitude.
- Friendly, approachable and professional.
- Willing to work in all weather conditions.
- Weekly pay
- Holiday pay
- Benefits scheme
- Career progression opportunities
- Access to our wider event portfolio
Cheltenham Racecourse is renowned as the home of jump racing and hosts 16 race days each year including the famous Cheltenham Festival & Gold Cup plus many corporate evets such as world snooker & darts.
Once part of our team, you will be able undertake a wide variety of work across our events sector at many prestigious venues for which we are the chosen service provider such as Ascot Racecourse, Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Association, Tottenham Hotspur and Arsenal Football clubs, and the Lords & Oval Cricket grounds becoming part of our growing southern events team.
Full site induction and training will be provided to successful applicants.
If you think you have what it takes to join our team, please apply with a copy of your CV.