We are looking for professional, experienced security officers to work in a vibrant environment at the Championships, Wimbledon. The ideal candidate will have strong understanding and awareness of site security operations, excellent communication skills and a passion for helping others. Two weeks of continuous work is available followed by eligibility to work all other events within the business as required. Pay rate is plus holiday pay.
Excellent welfare and catering facilities provided by the Client at the staff welfare village with a choice of 2 meals per day (with many hot street food options) plus snacks and tea and coffee.
Purpose of the Role
To ensure Carlisle Support Services provides a high level of service to provide a 5 star service while keeping members, guests, staff and contractors safe and secure at our client's iconic world-class venue. Successful candidates will have the chance to experience the atmosphere of The Championships, Wimbledon, one the world's most prestigious sporting events, as part of the team in July 2023.
What you'll do:
If successful, you will have the opportunity to work full time hours from 3rd-16th July 2023 (ideally 5 shifts per week) for the duration of Championships fortnight (8, 10 and 12 hour shifts). Those working the minimum required hours across the 2 weeks will be eligible for significant prize draws. Upon conclusion of the Championships, you will be eligible to continue to work as required on all other events within the business.
- Primarily based at all entrance gates around the perimeter of the venue managing access control and acting as first point of contact for all visitors, members, guests, staff and contractors.
- Conducting full search of all bags and random guests in line with AELTC search policy and conditions of entry.
- Spend long periods on your feet and operate within a very busy and dynamic environment making a good level of physical fitness essential
- Excellent personnel management skills.
- High standard of personal presentation.
- A background in the hospitality or high end corporate sectors is advantageous.
- IT literate.
- A high level of security and counter terrorism awareness
- Excellent communication (spoken and written) and customer service skills
- High standards of personal presentation.
- Confident and assertive; able to follow detailed instruction and capable of swift, reasoned decision making under pressure.
- Flexible in relation to working hours and shift patterns.
- A valid Door Supervisor SIA licence is essential.
- Current first aid at work qualification and clean driving licence is a strong advantage.
What we'll give you:
The opportunity to grow and be your best self, to learn and develop through accredited training at an iconic venue, to progress your career and to gain reward and recognition for excellence with Superstar and Core of Carlisle Awards. Benefits include:
- Competitive pay rate.
- Access to Wagestream.
- Refer a Friend Scheme.
We are committed to continually developing and improving our package of pay and benefits, ensuring we continue to attract and retain the best people. We're also committed to providing ways to enhance the health, wellbeing, and quality of life for all our colleagues.
Any job offer is dependent on being successfully vetted to BS7858 standards; being able to provide full details for 5 year address and employment history as well as all required proof documents (ID, NI, address, right to work etc.) and full references + successfully passing the Client's own stringent vetting process.