Carlisle Support Services has an exciting new opportunity for a Security Gatehouse Officer (60 hours per week) at MBDA, Stevenage.
06.30am to 18.30pm (Monday to Friday).
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Register cleared contractors, issue temporary badges, book in/out hire cars, book in employee cars, direct visitors for new ID card.
- Keep aware of what's happening on-site, even when you're not present, by following the handover procedure and reviewing information from previous shifts.
- Be aware of the relevant emergency and escalation procedures, as the first point of contact when an incident occurs.
- Provide a visual and physical deterrent to any individual or group wanting to gain access to site illegally.
- Secure the site by controlling access and egress, carrying out security patrols to deter crime.
- Be aware of hazards, reacting to medical incidents and responding appropriately.
- Manage traffic, including controlling vehicle access, directing traffic flow, signing in and directing visitors and monitoring the on site parking.
- Manage the security of government marked and classified information and materials, helping to maintain the security of the site by conducting internal patrols, furniture checks, desk checks and car searches.
- Operate the control room/gatehouse and reception systems.
- SIA Licence (DS) is essential.
- Provide a checkable work history for the past 5 Years and meet UK Home Office Security Screening Standards.
- Proven work experience as a Security Officer or in a Customer Service role.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite - especially Excel & Word.
- Professional attitude and smart appearance.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Multi-tasking and time management skills with the ability to prioritise tasks.