- Department: Cleaning
- Reporting to: Head Of Operations - Vegetation & Landscaping
- Location: London Overground Rail Network
- Hours of Work: 40 Hours per week (Monday - Friday 08:00 - 16:30 with 30 mins break)
- Essential: Must hold a full UK driving license & have experience in vegetation work.
Carlisle Support Services are seeking a Grounds Maintenance Operative to support a high-profile contract and enable Carlisle Support Services to deliver a high-quality soft services and specialist FM & cleaning service to various locations in London on the Overground Rail Network.
The role will require individuals to be flexible to the needs of the client (night work will be required) and be prepared to deliver services according to a plan and to a high standard.
This is a fluid role that deals with planned maintenance and reactive tasks and therefore requires an individual that can adapt to the situation.
Due to the physically demanding aspects of this role, individuals are expected to be capable of carrying and lifting items of equipment up to 15kg in weight.
The work mainly consists of:
- Cut backs 1 meter beyond boundary fence line where possible and where safe access available and non-hazardous.
- 3 meter high cut backs as necessary and around CCTV and lights were applicable and where not requiring a possession.
- Weedkilling and moss removal each location including 3 meters off station boundary.
- High level vegetation treatment/removal.
- All aspects of tree surgery including hazardous tree removal.
- Selling of additional work and services.
Additional training will be provided but qualifications and previous experience will be beneficial to applicants. The individual will be expected to have/pass Sentinel PTS & achieve IPAF/PASMA as well as various NPTC courses within six months of joining.
- Deliver vegetation maintenance tasks according to program across the infrastructure.
- Carry out the following vegetation maintenance tasks to a high standard:
- Grass Strimming
- Grass edge trimming
- Hedge trimming
- Chemical weedkiller application
- Moss removal
- Minor aspects of tree work
- Litter picking
- Waste removal
- Carry out training tasks.
- Use of all inhouse IT systems.
- Adhoc tasks as delegated by HOO.
- Record all activities in accordance with contractual quality requirements and specified process using the WorkIT system or another similar system.
- Maintenance and care of all equipment ensuring all it's all maintained in a safe working condition and report any faulty equipment to the line manager.
- To lead by example, so that the company image and profile is maintained at all times within the team, in respect of conduct and the wearing of company supplied uniform.
- To comply with all Company Health & Safety Guidelines and continually review practices to ensure breaches do not occur.
- To be aware of the correct usage and concentration of the various chemicals cleaning agents and the correct application of these products to ensure effective results in accordance with the manufacturers guidelines.
- To carry out any reasonable task requested by the Senior Route Supervisor, Contract Manager, or client.
- Comply with all rail safety regulations and be able to make an "Emergency Call" to a signaller if required.
- To act as ambassador for Carlisle on site dealing in a professional/business-like manner with all requests from clients
- Good Communication & reporting skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office
- Ability to get on well with others and inspire respect and confidence.
- UK Driving Licence with at least two-year experience (vehicle provided)
- Ability to adapt and think outside the box.
- PA1 & PA6
- Longarm (polesaw/hedgetrimmer)
- Stump Grinder