Purpose of the Role: The Job Holder will provide vision and leadership in all aspects of IT and its successful and consistent adoption and usage by the entire company. They will lead all relevant planning and budgeting and be totally accountable for delivery. Through their skillset and experience to date they will ensure good communication between all internal and external parties. They will ensure that the IT team work closely with the business and stakeholders and ensure total business objectives are delivered by IT. Alongside this they will ensure compliance with all relevant legal and regulatory frameworks and requirement of client and partner contracts.
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer - this position will sit within the SMT of the company.
Direct Reports: 2x Application Systems Analysts, 1x Data Analyst Apprentice
Job Status: Permanent and Full-Time
Job Grade: Band 4
- Actively contribute to SMT discussions and business strategy, particularly in terms of IT opportunities.
- Understand the business strategy, market and IT and create, own, and maintain an IT vision and strategy.
- Develop the IT strategy into a roadmap of budgeted and planned projects and initiatives.
- Communicate vision, strategy, and roadmaps internally and externally as appropriate.
- Ensure business systems are fit for purpose and able to deliver business objectives.
- Ensure processes and business systems are integrated and provide comprehensive management information.
- Ensure digital initiatives maximise commercial opportunities, deliver planned revenue, create long-term value.
- Ensure all IT technical platforms are well managed and fit for purpose.
- Ensure IT is a suitable platform for business growth and external due diligence.
- Ensure all IT spends are good value and sound investment for future growth, including leading regular and ongoing market testing and tendering of key support partners / applications.
- Ensure all staff are well trained and make best use of the available IT, including the creation of inter-divisional workstreams and champions
- Lead, inspire and develop the IT team.
- Create commercially astute, stable outsource partnerships with IT suppliers and partners.
- Deliver all IT projects and share ownership of delivery of business outcomes driven by these projects.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant legal and regulatory frameworks and requirement of client and partner contracts.
- Ensure appropriate disaster recovery [and business continuity] plans and in place and regularly tested.
- Foster and drive innovation throughout the business, by spending considerable time alongside our clients and operational teams. This will involve spending time with these stakeholders and understanding what our clients really want from our IT capabilities.
- A genuine leader
- Proactive and business-driven
- A great, positive communicator
- A listener and analytical thinker
- Genuinely interested in IT and abreast of new thinking / innovation in our sectors
- Willingness to support the business where required including showing flexibility to operational demands and working hours where required
- Ideally at least 5yrs+ work experience of leading an IT function in a business
- It would be desirable if the jobholder had experience in our industry and aware of some key support platforms, namely:
- Timegate / Innovise Time and Attendance System
- Microsoft O365 (including Teams, Forms, Dynamics)
- Workforce Management Systems
- Prince2 Project Management
- Experience of working with cross company collaboration
- Comprehensive and up to date knowledge of IT and market innovations
- Full driving license with the ability to travel nationally, with overnight stays as required
- Analytical and able to communicate compelling business cases supporting by evidence
- Strategic business planning skills
- Effective relationship builder
- Advanced negotiator and strong presentation skills
- Effective time management skills
- Good direct / indirect networking skills
- Always does the right thing for their business, employees and clients
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and positive
- Shows initiative, resourcefulness and professionalism
- Competitive and a clear desire to succeed
- Focussed on results and aim to deliver an extraordinary performance
- Assertive yet respectful
- Team player
- Communicative in an open and honest manner
- Customer focused
- Committed work ethic and willing to commit additional personal resource where needed
- Task orientated and owner
- Always represents the bigger picture (all decisions should be based on the good of the company rather than the individual)