The Head of Operations Rail Contracts at Carlisle will be responsible for driving innovation and change across the divisions smaller contracts to improve operational efficiency. A key focus will be ensuring that new processes and procedures are effectively implemented at the contract level. Our team is dedicated to delivering top-quality service, and we are always seeking new and creative ways to exceed our clients' expectations.
A rapidly growing business, with revenues increasing threefold in the past five years and set to continue. We provide services to a range of high profile and market leading clients across the UK. We are experts in our chosen fields, focusing on the provision of cleaning, security, events, and retail support services. We work in fast-paced, highly collaborative, innovative, and customer-focused environments, empowering our people to deliver exceptional outcomes.
Together we'll be
- Passionate about the wellbeing of everyone
- Putting our customers at the heart of everything we do
- Delivering on our promises - all the time
- Supporting everyone to be sector-based experts
What you'll do
Be the primary point of contact for contract managers within the division for resolving operational challenges that cannot be resolved at the contract level. Project management responsibility for the mobilization of new contract wins with a value of under £6m. Ensure the operational management teams are compliant with company policies and procedures, thus ensuring the integrity of the data being entered into IT platforms which are used to report on contract performance and for payroll.
Management of the supply chain that supports the operational performance of each individual contract via the Procurement Team. Cover the Contract Managers when required
Your Essential Responsibilities will involve, but not be limited to these core elements:
- Attend contract review meetings to understand current and future challenges
- Help formulate solutions with the contract management teams to operational challenges.
- Management of the pricing for additional work and submission of this pricing to the clients once approved by Pricing Manager at Carlisle.
- Responsibility for the production and management of the mobilisation plan
- Conduct the weekly mobilisation review call both internally and externally.
- Co-ordination of the divisional support team to ensure that all their workstreams are completed as part of the mobilisation plan.
- Support TUPE consultations.
- Ensure that a transformation plan for the 3 months post mobilisation is developed and deployed.
- Daily Arbitration of shifts on the time & attendance system by the contract management teams.
- Ensuring the accuracy of the attendance information contained within the time & attendance system.
- Confirming that master rosters are maintained within the time & attendance system.
- Ensure that the contract management teams are passing the correct information to the finance team, to ensure the accuracy of the accounts.
- Ensure that Client Temp Check, Visit-IT and Site-IT forms are being completed by the contract management team.
- Ensuring that H&S audits and site folders are being maintained.
- Proactively audit to ensure compliance with H&S policies.
- Compliance by the contract teams with the HR policies and procedures for the business.
- Ensure the Account Development Plans are maintained.
- Attend supplier review meetings with the central procurement team
- Provide feedback to the central procurement team on supplier performance
- Conduct supplier audits with HSQE team when the supplier is on site delivering the service.
- Source suppliers in partnership with the central procurement team as and when the need arises
- Produce the weekly and period reports when a contract manager is on annual leave.
What you'll need
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Degree level qualification or equivalent - recommended requirement
- Successful Project Management Experience in a large business(es)
- Rail experience in running operations to NR019 Standards
- Large FM experience inside rail networks.
Skills and Competencies
- Strong commercial business acumen
- Financial Awareness that enables full understanding of working with budgets, & P&L's
- Passionate in ensuring service delivery
- Disciplined in applying and working with processes
- Delivers through and with people
- Inspirational leader and strong motivator
- Union Experience
What we'll give you
The opportunity to thrive and be your best self, to learn and develop through accredited training, to progress your career and to gain reward and recognition for excellence. Some of our other benefits include:
- 4% matched pension (after qualifying period)
- Medical Cover
- Life Assurance 2x annual salary
- 23 days holiday rising to 25 after two years' service
- Health and Wellbeing Plans
- Discounts and Cashbacks
- Paid Volunteering days
- Employee Assistance Program
- Refer a Friend Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
We're committed to continually developing and improving our package of pay and benefits, ensuring we continue to attract and retain the best people. We're also committed to providing ways to enhance the health, wellbeing, and quality of life for all our colleagues.