Field based with attendance in the regional office as required - covering Manchester and Yorkshire
A natural operations leader who can lead and motivate teams at multiple levels and build strong customer relationships. You have an ability to switch between day to day operational challenges and long term strategic goals. The role will oversee 3 of our key rail customers in Manchester and Yorkshire region, covering a mix of service lines, including Revenue, Gateline, Security and customer service roles.
A rapidly growing business, with revenues increasing threefold in the past five years and set to continue. We provide services to a range of high profile and market leading clients across the UK. We are experts in our chosen fields, focusing on the provision of cleaning, security, events, and retail support services. We work in fast-paced, highly collaborative, innovative, and customer-focused environments, empowering our people to deliver exceptional outcomes.
Together we'll be
- Passionate about the wellbeing of everyone
- Putting our customers at the heart of everything we do
- Delivering on our promises - all the time
- Supporting everyone to be sector-based experts
What you'll do
Create and maintain a unified service delivery methodology for customers based around the value of Carlisle Support Services
Your Essential Responsibilities will involve, but not be limited to these core elements:
- Ensure Contract Development Plans are in place across entire portfolio.
- Monitor overall portfolio financial performance and where needed create improvement plans.
- Develop re-tender plan for each contract.
- To set objectives for all Operational Managers within portfolio in line with business and customer objectives
- Ensure service levels delivered adhere to our contract terms and client SLA's.
- Ensure protection and upkeep of client personnel, assets, brand and profit via selection and deployment of best practice processes and motivated and highly trained personnel.
- Ensure sufficient levels of qualified and competent officers are maintained to meet the current and projected future levels of personnel required.
- Ensure all officers are deployed in line with the rigours of the Private Security Industry Act 2001 in terms of aligned licensing and training for officers and issues of screening for matters of safeguarding.
- Ensure all staff deployed have all appropriate site-based screening, vetting and qualifications to fulfil contractual obligations.
- Promote a secure and safe working environment at each site
- Ensure regular Communication of Health and Safety processes and policies to all staff and ensure they remain adequately trained including contract specific training i.e., rail processes, to comply with legislation and ensure a safe system of work is always in operation.
- Direct staff and monitor Manager performance via an effective performance review process and managing any staff performance issues promptly and in line with HR guidelines.
- Develop succession plan and identify talent across the portfolio.
- Ensure all managers have completed a Customer Temp Check each month for each contract.
- Attend contract review meetings for all key contracts in area and input into quarterly strategic meetings.
- Create and oversee a Contract Development Plan for all contracts to focus on service improvement, staff development and welfare, and financial status of the contract in terms of increased revenues and profitability.
- Conduct monthly calls with finance team to prep the period P&L with Managing Director
- Make sure all POs are submitted on time and accurately by all managers / support staff in the region.
- Ensure all non-budgeted spend or wage costs are signed off by the Managing Director
- Support development of pragmatic working relationship with any associated unions
- Ensure preparation of monthly KPI packs for the client in line with contractual requirements
- Financial performance - assist with the compilation of the monthly P&L
What you'll need
- SIA Licensed- essential for all Security portfolios
- Excellent understanding of the UK Security industry
- Good understanding of Rail Sector where relevant
- IOSH Certificate or equivalent
- Work IT training
- Excellent communication skills - articulate and focussed, proficient written skills, good listener.
- A good people manager, able to motivate and optimise outputs from team members.
- Keen commercial skills with the ability to understand and control a P&L
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
- Must hold a full UK driving license.
- Flexibility around working hours and patterns.
What we'll give you
The opportunity to thrive and be your best self, to learn and develop through accredited training, to progress your career and to gain reward and recognition for excellence. Some of our other benefits include:
- 4% matched pension (after qualifying period)
- Life Assurance 2x annual salary
- 23 days holiday rising to 25 after two years' service
- Health and Wellbeing Plans
- Discounts and Cashbacks
- Paid Volunteering days
- Employee Assistance Program
- Refer a Friend Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
We're committed to continually developing and improving our package of pay and benefits, ensuring we continue to attract and retain the best people. We're also committed to providing ways to enhance the health, wellbeing, and quality of life for all our colleagues.