Cheltenham Racecourse is renowned as the home of jump racing hosting 16 race days each year including the famous Cheltenham Festival, as well as a host of other high profile events such as the World Darts and World Snooker tournaments.
Carlisle Support Services are the chosen supplier to ensure security at Cheltenham Racecourse. We are currently recruiting for a Security Officer to work regular 12 hour night shifts and be flexible to work weekdays and weekends. Minimum of 2 nights per week.
We are looking for a smart, reliable SIA Licenced Security Officer with excellent communication skills to help us provide a professional, efficient and safe service to our client at the Racecourse. Working at the Racecourse is a fun and lively experience with a variety of varied and interesting roles and we are looking to build our team to support race day operations.
- Secure and patrol the site.
- Have a visible presence on the site by adhering to the criteria of the overnight lockdown process.
- Do safety checks throughout shift (fire doors, faults, trip hazards etc).
- Remain vigilant for suspicious behaviour in and around the site.
- Respond to any incidents, accidents or emergencies and report as required.
- Work closely with the client to ensure all tasks and briefs are being adhered to.
- Complete any other duties requested by the management.
- Work in a team of two to maintain the security of the site.
- Full Door Supervisor License (essential).
- Previous experience in a similar role (desirable).
- ACT training (desirable but can be provided).
- Smart, clean appearance.
- Customer focussed.
- Excellent and effective communication skills.
- Good level of IT knowledge.
- Be able to represent Carlisle to the highest possible standard.
- Effective communication with team members and members of the public.
- Reliable and punctual.
- Smart appearance.
- Good keen work ethic.
Full site induction and training will be provided to successful applicants.
What we'll give you:
The opportunity to gain experience and be your best self, to learn and develop through accredited training, to progress your career and to gain reward and recognition for excellence with Superstar and Core of Carlisle Awards.
Some of our other benefits include:
- Access to Company Pension Scheme after qualifying period.
- Health and wellbeing plans.
- Access to Wagestream.
- Discounts and cashbacks.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Refer a Friend Scheme.
We're committed to continually developing and improving our package of pay and benefits, ensuring we continue to attract and retain the best people. We're also committed to providing ways to enhance the health, wellbeing, and quality of life for all our colleagues.
If you are local to the Gloucestershire area and think you have what it takes to join our team please apply as soon as possible.