We are looking for highly professional Security Officers to work in the Manchester area performing Patrol and Response services. Successful applicants will have experience in working with members of the public and hold a valid SIA licence. Duties will include:
- Promptly responding and travelling to requests, authorised by the duty manager, for the Patrol and Guarding Services.
- Site security including internal patrols, external patrols, alarm setting, securing buildings, setting alarm systems.
- Providing assistance in the carrying out of evacuation procedures.
- Monitoring and supervision of visitors.
- Ejecting individuals.
- Guarding specific areas or equipment.
- Providing safety advice and assistance.
- Assisting the emergency services as necessary.
- Providing first aid.
- Completing incident reports and witness statements when necessary.
- Testing burglar alarm panels and fire alarm panel to ensure monitoring stations receive signals following ant activation.
- Use of body worn cameras to record details of any incidents
All guards providing the above services, must have the following traits, skills, attributes and qualities:
- Able to read and write, able to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to work well and communicate with all stakeholders
- Demonstrate sound judgement, excellent people skills and be customer oriented.
- Must demonstrate tact, diplomacy and professionalism in all dealings with clients and staff.
- Must be able to handle difficult or aggressive people in a diplomatic, professional and appropriate manner.
- Security personnel are free of physical restrictions that would limit the ability to patrol stairways or respond effectively and quickly if required in an emergency.
- Must be able to deal with all age groups and gender.
- Diplomatic, cordial and yet firm when dealing with the general public.
- Must be able to handle difficult or intoxicated people in a diplomatic and professional manner.
- Should be able to identify potential sources of security concern.
- Should be able to respond quickly and effectively in an emergency situation.
- Must have familiarity with the building layout, events taking place while on duty and tenant policies.
- Trained in all aspects of security work.
- Must not have a current, spent or pending conviction for any criminal offence.
This is a mobile role therefore a full clean driving license is essential.