Purpose of role:
To assist the Head of Finance in providing an efficient and quality driven payroll and management accountancy support service to the business in line with the Carlisle Group strategic goals and shared values
- Export files from the company's Time & Attendance system and other HR system and send to an outsource payroll bureau for processing and ensure all employees are paid correctly
- Assist the Payroll Senior Administrator with payroll related queries and process wage queries for all payroll groups
- Keep up to date with HMRC legislation and ensure compliance
- Keep update with Auto Enrolment Pension rules and compliance
- Assist with completion of Payroll account reconciliations or Balance sheets
- Ensure all HMRC payments are made on time
- Ensure all pensions payments are made to the various pension houses
- Prepare Monthly Management Accounts and Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Present monthly figures with commentary, to highlight key variances to Budget / Forecast. Develop a good understanding of contracts' financial performance and support the management team with areas for improvement.
- Work closely with Divisional Directors and wider Operations team, to develop an understanding of key business issues and opportunities for improvement.
- Support AP & AR team at month end with reconciliations and billing
- Work with the HoF and A/P team to look for areas of improvement in reporting processes including "right first time" processing.
- Work with Finance team and Operations to develop margin reports and operational reports to enable operations to deliver on their plans.
- To provide forecast/updates regarding weekly performance of business to FD and CEO to ensure "no surprises"
- Annual Budget preparation
- Provide assistance/support with pricing of new business bids / re-bids
- To work closely with the Pricing Manager to ensure correct revenue accounting for all contracts
- Provide necessary documentation to support the annual audit and work closely with auditors to ensure their full understanding of financial processes and reported results.
- Work on projects when asked that deliver process improvement and or new functionality in line with Business plans
Above at all times to be in line with HMRC legislation, General Data protection Regulations and other legal requirements.
- Comprehensive understanding of payroll end-to-end processes.
- IT literate in Microsoft Excel and Payroll software
- Understanding and knowledge of SMP, SPP, SSP, SAP, RTI and AE pensions
- Knowledge of Payroll Month and Year End processes
- Knowledge and completion of Payroll FPS files
- Good understanding and knowledge of Company PAYE schemes.
- Experience of operating multiple Weekly/Monthly high volume payrolls.
- Can demonstrate in-depth knowledge of payroll technology and has a genuine interest in using systems to reduce administrative burden.
- Professionally qualified, PQ or QBE
- Experience as a Management accountant for a Support Services based organisation ideally including Cleaning/Security service delivery.
- Extensive knowledge of Finance systems and spreadsheets (Sun System preferable)
- Disciplined approach to development and implementation of standardised processes and procedures to drive results.
- The ability to pay attention to detail whilst working to strict deadlines.
- Can demonstrate commitment to improving quality.
- Thrives under pressure.
- Credible, open and honest.
- Attention to detail
- Possesses a "right first time, every time" ethos.
- Strong Commercial Awareness
- Strong financial analytical skills
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Ability to build and develop relationships with clients and throughout the business
- Able to manage a fluctuating workload
- Naturally inquisitive, with the courage to challenge.
- Willingness to work in the details where necessary.
- All workers paid accurately and on-time.
- Responding to payroll queries within agreed SLA
- Accuracy of budgets / forecasts
- Number of days to report month end results
- Accuracy of processing and reconciliations - number of corrective entries
- Delivers a quality service at all times