The role will be supporting Leonardo, Southampton covering holidays, and sickness. This will be a mixture of covering gatehouse duties and reception duties, working a mix of days and nights.
Join our Team
At Carlisle, we focus on the provision of cleaning, security, events and retail facilities support services.
Our business is growing rapidly, and revenues have increased threefold over the past 5 years. With several recent high-profile contract wins this growth is set to continue. To support our long-term goals, we are investing in people, systems and technology to ensure we stay ahead of the competition, so there has never been a better time to join the Carlisle family.
Carlisle Support Services is looking for dedicated individuals to join our security team at Leonardo, Southampton. We are seeking enthusiastic people who are willing to learn and provide a safe and secure environment.
This is a great opportunity to progress your career in security. Our expectation is that your enthusiasm to represent Carlisle Support Services and our valued client in an excellent manner will be matched by our commitment to constantly develop our staff by committing to offer full training and an impressive employee reward scheme.
The role will be supporting Leonardo, Southampton covering days, nights, and weekends in a relief role position. This will be covering annual leave and staff absence in the security gatehouse and reception.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Be aware of what's happening on-site by following the handover procedure and reviewing information from previous shifts.
- Be aware of the relevant emergency and escalation procedures as the first point of contact when incidents occur.
- Secure the site by controlling access and egress, carrying out security patrols to deter crime.
- Be aware of hazards, reacting to incidents and responding appropriately.
- Ensure the gatehouse is kept clean and tidy for the next shift.
- Operate the gatehouse and reception systems.
- Physically fit as the role requires a degree of patrolling'
- Hold a current SIA License.
- Provide a checkable work history for the past 5 years and meet UK Home Office Security Screening Standards.
- Proven work experience as a Security Officer or in a Customer Service Role.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite - especially Excel & Word
- Hands-on experience with office equipment (e.g. fax machines and printers)
- Professional attitude and appearance.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Competitive hourly rate.
- Training opportunities.
- Employee Assist programme.
- Benefits programme.
- Career development.
- Holiday pay.
Working with us
Carlisle Support Services provides customer driven people-based services and strive to deliver measurable value to all involved. We do this by empowering passionate people to deliver exceptional outcomes. Our vision is to be preferred experts and the most trusted provider of people-based services for the customers we serve, and markets we choose to work in. We will do this by promoting our core values. As a national company with contracts across the UK, we are big enough to cope with any size of contract; whilst being small enough to care about every detail of the service we provide to our clients. As a Security Officer you will ensure that you operate with our Company values in mind at all times.
Working for you
At Carlisle we will provide opportunities to grow and be your best self, to learn and develop through accredited training, to progress your career and to gain reward and recognition for excellence with Superstar and Core of Carlisle Awards. Other benefits include Health and Wellbeing Plans, Discounts and Cashbacks, Paid Volunteering days, Employee Assistance Programme, Refer a Friend Scheme and Cycle to Work Scheme. We are committed to continually developing and improving the package of pay and benefits for our staff, to ensure we can attract and retain the best people. We are also committed to providing ways to enhance the health, wellbeing and quality of life for our staff.