We are looking for Weekend Security Officers to work on Brackmills distribution site in Northampton.
The role will be mainly weekends (12 hours per day) but also to cover holidays and sickness as required.
You will be responsible for checking in vehicles and visitors, patrolling the site and completing staff searches.
- External Perimeter Patrols
- CCTV Surveillance
- External Building checks
- Opening and closing of site gates (Weekends & Nights).
- Alarm monitoring
- Key Management
Gatehouse Duties including:
- Logging vehicles and drivers in and out of the freight yard area.
- Ensuring only authorised vehicles are granted access to the freight yard area.
- Performing AEO checks on all inbound freight vehicles, including 7 point trailer checks, load seal checks and seal removal- training provided
- Issuance of site rules to drivers.
- Checking all outbound freight loads, sealing outbound freight trailers and issuing drivers with load documentation.
- Liaising with operations teams for inbound and outbound freight.
Visitor / contractor reception
- Booking visitors on and off site.
- Notifying site contacts of visitor arrival.
- Issuing of visitor passes.
Searches of personnel on site at the end of working shifts.
- Manning thermal scanning process at the start of shifts.
- Performing car & locker searches when guided by the operations management team.
Key attributes of successful candidate
- SIA licence holder.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Arrive on time for all designated shifts.
- Ability to work days and nights (4 on, 4 off).
- Able to travel to site.
- Wear provided uniform and PPE at all times on site.
- Be smart and courteous at all times.
- Take responsibility for own continued professional development.
Key Performance Indicators
- 100% attendance.
- Customer feedback.
- Staff feedback- annual staff survey score.