Carlisle Support Services have an exciting new opportunity for a Relief Security Officer (minimum of 40 hours per week available) in the Stevenage area. The role will be to cover holiday and sickness.
Shift Patterns: 06.30 to 18.30 or 18:30 to 06:30 (nights, days and weekends - a flexible attitude is therefore required)
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Register cleared contractors, issue temporary badges, book in/out hire cars, book in employee cars, direct visitors for new ID card.
- Keep aware of what's happening on-site, even when you're not present, by following the handover procedure and reviewing information from previous shifts.
- Be aware of the relevant emergency and escalation procedures, as the first point of contact when an incident occurs.
- Provide a visual and physical deterrent to any individual or group wanting to gain access to site illegally.
- Secure the site by controlling access and egress, carrying out security patrols to deter crime.
- Be aware of hazards, reacting to medical incidents and responding appropriately.
- Manage traffic, including controlling vehicle access, directing traffic flow, signing in and directing visitors and monitoring the on site parking.
- Manage the security of government marked and classified information and materials, helping to maintain the security of the site by conducting internal patrols, furniture checks, desk checks and car searches.
- Operate the control room/gatehouse and reception systems.
- SIA Licence (DS) is essential.
- Provide a checkable work history for the past 5 Years and meet UK Home Office Security Screening Standards.
- Proven work experience as a Security Officer or in a Customer Service role.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite - especially Excel & Word.
- Professional attitude and smart appearance.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Multi-tasking and time management skills with the ability to prioritise tasks.
What we'll give you:
The opportunity to grow and be your best self, to learn and develop through accredited training, to progress your career and to gain reward and recognition for excellence with Superstar and Core of Carlisle Awards.
Some of our other benefits include:
- Health and Wellbeing Plans .
- Discounts and cashbacks.
- Paid volunteering days.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Refer a Friend Scheme.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
We're committed to continually developing and improving our package of pay and benefits, ensuring we continue to attract and retain the best people. We're also committed to providing ways to enhance the health, wellbeing, and quality of life for all our colleagues.