Carlisle Support Services is looking for well presented, articulate, reliable individuals to join our security team. We are seeking enthusiastic people who are willing to learn and provide customers with an excellent and safe experience from start to finish.
This is a great opportunity to progress your security career. Our expectation is that your enthusiasm to represent Carlisle Support Services and our valued clients in an excellent manner will be matched by our commitment to constantly develop our staff by committing to offer full training and an impressive employee reward scheme.
Our security staff work hard providing a visible reminder that safety is our number one priority for visitors and staff whilst maintaining high levels of customer service.
Carlisle Support Services have an exciting new opportunity for Relief Security Officers (minimum of 36 but up to 60 hours per week available) at MBDA, Stevenage.
Shift Patterns: 06.00 to 18.00, 18:00 to 06:00 (nights, days and weekends and a flexible attitude is therefore required)
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Register cleared contractors, issue temporary badges, book in/out hire cars, book in employee cars, direct visitors for new ID card.
- Keep aware of what's happening on-site, even when you're not present, by following the handover procedure and reviewing information from previous shifts.
- Be aware of the relevant emergency and escalation procedures, as the first point of contact when an incident occurs.
- Provide a visual and physical deterrent to any individual or group wanting to gain access to site illegally.
- Secure the site by controlling access and egress, carrying out security patrols to deter crime.
- Be aware of hazards, reacting to medical incidents and responding appropriately.
- Manage traffic, including controlling vehicle access, directing traffic flow, signing in and directing visitors and monitoring the on site parking.
- Manage the security of government marked and classified information and materials, helping to maintain the security of the site by conducting internal patrols, furniture checks, desk checks and car searches.
- Operate the control room/gatehouse and reception systems.
- SIA Licence (DS) is essential.
- Provide a checkable work history for the past 5 Years and meet UK Home Office Security Screening Standards.
- Proven work experience as a Security Officer or in a Customer Service role.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite - especially Excel & Word.
- Professional attitude and smart appearance.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Multi-tasking and time management skills with the ability to prioritise task
If you feel you fit the above criteria, please apply immediately as there are opportunities for an immediate start and would like you to be part of the Carlisle team.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo statutory checks including right to work in the UK and a National Insurance number and you will be asked to provide proof of this.
Working with us
Carlisle Support Services provides customer driven people-based services and strive to deliver measurable value to all involved. We do this by empowering passionate people to deliver exceptional outcomes. Our vision is to be preferred experts and the most trusted provider of people-based services for the customers we serve, and markets we choose to work in. We will do this by promoting our core values. As a national company with contracts across the UK, we are big enough to cope with any size of contract; whilst being small enough to care about every detail of the service we provide to our clients. As a Relief Security Officer you will ensure that you operate with our Company values in mind at all times.
Working for you
At Carlisle we will provide opportunities to grow and be your best self, to learn and develop through accredited training to progress your career and to gain reward and recognition for excellence with Superstar and Core of Carlisle Awards. Other benefits include Refer a Friend Scheme. We are committed to continually developing and improving the package of pay and benefits for our staff to ensure we can attract and retain the best people. We are also committed to providing ways to enhance the health, wellbeing and quality of life for our staff.
Interested? Apply Now!
Carlisle Support Services is committed to the principle of equal opportunity and its policies for recruitment, training, development and progression are designed to ensure that nobody receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, maternity, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.