We are currently looking for professional, energetic and enthusiastic individuals who are interested in pursuing an entry level role with a career in the rail industry. We have opportunities for a Gateline Operator based in Bradford.
The successful candidate will provide a highly visible presence at the Station supporting strategies aimed at reducing ticketless travel by ensuring customers possess valid tickets and ensuring the Automatic Ticket Gates are operated to the highest standards. As this is a customer facing role there may also be a requirement to provide support to customers who need help, particularly during times of disruption. The delivery of high standards of customer service is therefore a key skill for all of these roles.
As an ambassador for both Carlisle Support Services and our prestigious client you must be able to demonstrate a 'can do' attitude, strong customer focus, excellent communication skills and a good standard of numeracy and literacy. You will be smart, well presented and happy to wear the uniform provided.
Successful candidate will be required to work a 4 on, 2 off shift pattern which will include early, late and weekend shifts.
Monday to Saturday - Hours between 05:15 - 23:00
Sunday - Hours between 08:15 - 23:00
Please note that applicants must be able to attend Bradford Forster Square Train Station by 05:15hrs for early shifts and work up to 23:00hrs on late shifts so ideally should live locally.
Key Personal Capabilities
- Good communications skills (written and oral)
- The role requires the ability to stand for long periods of time
- The ability to exercise a high level of customer service skills when dealing with customers
- Must have reasonable numeric skills
- Excellent customer service and people engagement skills
- Manage and control electronic ticket gates on the Station (Training provided)
- Assist in the selling of tickets (Training provided)
- Respond courteously and effectively to all customers ensuring they are dealt with in a polite, welcoming and professional manner
- Dissemination of train travel information
- Ensure the ratio of gates is managed to keep the gates fully operational at all times, including changing the gateline flows at peak times
- Assist customers who encounter difficulties using the gates, using discretion when needed
- Work as directed by the Station Supervisor or Station Manager