We are Carlisle Support Services. We are trusted to deliver business critical functions on behalf of our customers in support of their products and services. Our business model is based on our impressive ability to support our clients demand for capacity with strict change management processes.
We have adopted a strategy which is centered on discrete services tailored to our target markets. Our innovative solutions are underpinned by our promise-based culture and the fact that the customer is put at the heart of everything that we do, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This reinforces and supports our partnership approach, as we strive to deliver measurable value to the benefit of our customers and their stakeholders.
We specialise in Security, Cleaning, Events and Retail.
Our Vision: To be preferred experts and the most trusted provider of people-based services for the customers we serve and markets we choose to work in.
Our Mission: Carlisle Support Services provides customer driven, people-based services, and strives to deliver measurable value to all involved. We do this by empowering passionate people to deliver exceptional outcomes.
Our 4 Values:
- Care passionately for all
- Customer at the heart
- Promised-based culture
- Sector-base expert
We take pride in what we do and always do our best to ensure we deliver an excellent service thought the business in all sectors.
This is a fantastic opportunity to become a Revenue and Security Officer with Carlisle Support Services on the ever-growing Arriva Rail London contract.
As a Revenue and Security Officer you role and responsibilities will include:
- Issuing penalty fares when required.
- Being a deterrent and identifying any anti-social behavior, whilst ensuring we deliver a prominent service.
- To protect London Overground revenues by carrying out revenue checks both on trains and at stations.
- Reporting of fare evaders for consideration of prosecution in the Courts.
- Actively reduce the risk of ticketless travel on the London Overground network by checking customer' tickets.
- Develop and maintain to a competent standard, a full knowledge of TFL and National Rail products and services.
- Handle, record and pay in any cash in accordance with departmental requirements and established cash regulations.
- Attend all relevant training at varied locations as required.
- Irregularity reports and inputting movements / activities during shift times.
- Conduct effective investigations when ticketless travel is discovered.
- Use appropriate questioning techniques to decide necessary course of action
- Attend court on behalf of the company as required.
- Develop and maintain to a competent standard a sound knowledge of regulations, byelaws, conditions of carriage and all relevant NRSP protocols and procedures.
- Write and record accurate reports of any noteworthy incidents in accordance with PACE (Police and Criminal Evidence Act) and company guidelines.
- Conduct high profile static and mobile reassurance duties at stations and provide support to British Transport Police policing initiatives (revenue blocks).
- Report any crime witness on the network.
- Follow the HOT and WHAT protocol.
- Complete all necessary paperwork in accordance with contractual obligations, Department for Transport patrol regimes and Arriva's wishes.
- Take appropriate action in dealing with and helping to prevent physical and verbal assaults on personnel/customers.
- Passenger counting, security checks and any other reasonable requests as required.
- Carry out duties in full uniform or plain cloths as required.
- Pro-actively report any safety concerns or faults with infrastructure and company property to your manager as well as through any relevant electronic equipment.
- Book on/off at alternative locations where reasonably required.
- Provide customer service support/information to passengers utilising knowledge of various transport modes and electronic applications.
- Using body surveillance cams when on duty.
The reason this role is so important to us is because we take pride in what we do as RSOs and our overall goal is to reduce ticketless travel on ARL/Overground network. Carlisle Support Services work closely with ARL and the BTP to complete revenue blocks at stations in order to deter fare invaders. We identify the problematic stations by using data analysis provided by Arriva/TFL. Once we have this important information, we can deploy our Revenue Security Officers (RSOs) with the correct intelligence, so that they are prepared to tackle any issues that they are faced with when working at these stations. To ensure that we are safe and looking smart, we wear a high visibility deterrent vest which has a body camera attached, to protect the team and the public whilst working on the network. I cannot emphasize enough the importance of our cleanness, behavior and attitude whilst you are at work. It is expected of you to remain calm when faced with a challenging situation and defuse the situation fast and in a safe manor.
- Excellent communication and customer service
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment quickly
- Forward planning and making decisions
- Working well under pressure
- Excellent time keeping
- Well presented
- Calm and approachable
- Team player
- Proactive manner
- Dependable and professional
- Good attention to detail and problem solving
- Follows procedures correctly
- SIA Guarding License.
- Work history for last 5 years to ensure completion of the BS7858.
- Experience within a rail environment.
- Past experience of working within a team.
- Front facing personal skills.
- Revenue experience.
- First aid.
If you are optimistic about facing new day to day challenges and have excellent communication skills whilst working well under pressure, then this is the job for you.