Purpose of Role:
We are looking for a scheduler whilst scheduling is the priority for the role, the job holder will be required to work collaboratively with the rest of the Travel Safe Contract Support Team to understand the requirements of each team to ensure bespoke rostering. There will also be a requirement to act as first point of contact for any queries around deployment from Carlisle Support Services, Travel Safe Officers.
Shared Values: The post-holder will actively promote the company vision by embedding our shared values within all areas of activity.
Promise based culture - we will deliver on our promises
Sector based experts - we will support our team to become experts in their roles
Customers at the heart - we will put our customers at the heart of everything we do
Care passionately for all - we will care passionately for the well-being of everyone
- To resource deployment plans provided by the Data Analyst.
- To review long term, mid-term and current deployments and calendar events to ensure maximum coverage with resources available.
- Ensure that establishment reports are maintained for Northern Trains and that all sites/activities are scheduled to the agreed levels.
- Ensure that the Timegate Workforce Management System is accurately maintained
- Work with Contract Support Teams and the Recruitment Manager to ensure that sufficient levels of resources are available for deployment across the contract
- To ensure that cover is available for planned and unplanned absence and any additional works arising, due to the nature of the contract, rostering must be agile to meet the client needs and address emerging threats to client operations.
- Be the focal point for planning in any additional requirements, ensuring that efficient rostering principles are followed in a timely manner.
- Ensure that staff are deployed on assignments to ensure that the operational delivery of the service is maintained to the complete satisfaction of the customers.
- Ensure all relevant payroll checks are conducted in a timely manner to avoid delays in processing at period end.
- Running regular checks to ensure CT patrols have been completed.
- Assist in efficient resource deployment to support the achievement of contract KPIs specifically in relation to manpower and fulfilment of hours
- Provide Timegate reports as may be required from time to time in support of billing etc.
- Undertake daily, weekly and periodic checks to ensure accuracy of information within Timegate through reconciliation
- Provide regular updates to the Contract Manager in the event of any errors which require corrective actions
- Investigate and correct any errors in the event of pay queries arising ensuring adherence to CSS procedures at all times
- Working closely with the Training Manager support with the planning of company inductions prior to deployment with the aim of ensuring maximum attendance
- Ensure that all staff are rostered for a minimum amount of supervised training hours prior to being deployed for regular hours
- Ensure that all employees have the relevant training prior to deployment
- Monitor, record and highlight absenteeism, through the contract absence tracker, ensuring all non-compliance with the CSS Absence Management Policy is reported to the Contract Manager.
- Provide a periodic report to be shared with clients on officer absence and lateness in the periodic contract meetings
- Proactively track daily shift attendance to ensure punctuality is maintained through effective use of the Timegate Call Monitor and other means
- Follow up in real-time, during your hours of work, any missed calls
- Provide customer service support to the client, Travel Safe Team Leaders and Travel Safe Officers.
- Record and report all instances where employees have failed to follow the correct procedures in reporting for duty
Performance Management & Record Keeping
- Ensure that all employees are aware of their rostered shift patterns in advance with any short notice amendments being communicated directly in a timely fashion
- Ensure that all officers are deployed in compliance with laid down training requirements and any relevant rules and regulations
- Maintain accurate records in relation to punctuality and attendance ensuring any emerging patterns are reported to the Contract Manager
- Maintain the highest professional standards as an employee of Carlisle ensuring that a total quality approach is adopted to work colleagues and clients.
- Attendance and participation in regular review meetings is required
- Experience in scheduling roles essential
- Experience of working in a customer-driven service environment
- Able to problem solve and demonstrate solution orientation
- Excellent communication skills - articulate and focused, proficient written skills, good listener
- Self-motivated and able to adapt to a changing environment
- Ability to negotiate positively
- Demonstrates the ability to forge and maintain relationships over the telephone and face to face
- Good organisational and time management skills, with the ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Competent user of IT systems
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Flexibility around working hours and patterns is essential
It is the post holder's duty to:
- Take reasonable care of their own health and safety and the health and safety of others who may be affected by your actions or omissions.
- Only carry out work in accordance with any training, instruction or company procedure that is relevant to the role.
- Inform their line manager of any health and safety problems identified by themselves, colleagues or others.
- Co-operate with their manager in meeting all health and safety requirements.