An opportunity has arisen at Leonardo, Bristol for a Security Administrator who will be required to act as the point of contact for all security related activities. 37 hours per week with the option to agree flexible working hours. Requirement to potentially support to cover overtime and weekend (with prior notice and agreement).
Leonardo has had a presence in Bristol since 2011. The office is the focal point for Leonardo's engagement with Defence Equipment & Support (DE&S).
Bristol is the headquarters for Leonardo's UK Cyber and Security team, with its staff of 150 mainly focused on cyber security, homeland security, automation as well as a small population of Simulation & Training specialists.
A rapidly growing business with revenues increasing threefold in the past 5 years. To support our long-term goals, we are investing in people, systems, and technology to ensure we stay ahead of the competition, so there has never been a better time to join the Carlisle family. We are experts in our chosen fields, focusing on the provision of cleaning, security, events, and retail support services. We work in fast-paced, highly collaborative, innovative, and customer-focused environments, empowering our people to deliver exceptional outcomes.
The successful candidate will provide all security advice, guidance and support with the ability to provide a professional, polite and considered response to comply with both company policies and National Security requirements. Responsible to the Site Security Manager, the Security Administrator will liaise with all members of the Department and business as a whole in order to contribute to the overall effectiveness of the department. They must maintain a pro-active role in the control and security of the site.
Capable of supporting your colleagues achieve excellent results, you thrive on challenge and embrace change. You never stop learning and evolving new ways of working, having a direct impact on improving the performance of the business. Most importantly, you are confident in your ability to provide a first-class service.
Together we'll be:
Actively promoting the company vision by embedding our shared values throughout the team, empowering passionate people to deliver exceptional outcomes because we are:
- Passionate about the wellbeing of everyone.
- Putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
- Delivering on our promises - all the time.
- Supporting everyone to be sector-based experts.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Product Development and Delivery
- To control and co-ordinate the receipt, issue, storage and destruction, copying, transportation of all classified material for the Bristol site.
- Co-ordinate all aspects of personnel security vetting in line with both company and government guidance.
- Manage and maintain all personnel security records and databases
- Prepare, issue and maintain company identity badges.
- Brief new joiners and departmental staff on all aspects of document security as and when required.
- Administer and comply with international regulations on visitor control - Inward & Outward Responsible for liaising with overseas companies and International Visits Control Office (IVCO), in relation to international visits to and from Leonardo UK Ltd sites in the UK. (Including Leonardo employees).
- Co-ordinate all physical security measures.
- Provide first point of contact for all business security related enquiries and be able to deal with the information efficiently and sensitively.
- Cultivate and deliver sound business security knowledge in response to project, IT or personal needs.
- Input and access information from a number of software packages/databases.
- Take the lead in all security investigations and comply with both internal and external reporting requirements.
- Co-ordinate and control the Security Risk Registers.
- Act as the Security Business Continuity Coordinator .
- Act as Crypto Custodian / Alternate - to be Crypto authorised within 6 months of commencement of role if not already.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with key personnel both internally and externally.
- Deal with general site enquiries and complaints in a professional, approachable and constructive way, providing exceptional customer service.
- Oversee yearly SAF documentation applicable to those who hold a clearance required for this role.
- Provide an effective and professional service to both internal and external customers, being the principle point of contact for all security enquires.
- Liaising with other companies and agencies in order to facilitate contractual compliance with Government Functional Standard (GovS) 007 - Security - formerly Security Policy Framework (SPF) for Classified Material, supporting the Site Security Manager.
- Report to the Site Security Manager any issues or concerns that may have an impact on the company's security and compliance with National Security Regulations.
- Maintain an effective service and an up to date electronic filing system for all security related records
- Coordinate the archiving and deleting of security held information in accordance with Company, Government Functional Standard (GovS) 007 - Security - formerly Security Policy Framework (SPF) and the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
Team Working / Organisational Expertise
- Be a proactive representative who can adapt their working pattern to meet the everyday changes in workload and support the Site Security Manager.
- Provide instruction and training to both permanent and temporary staff on the company and government security requirements as necessary.
- Contribute to the building of a team spirit atmosphere.
- Ensure that any issues relating to Health & Safety are immediately reported to the Security Controller.
- Ensure your conduct and appearance is of the highest standards.
- To utilise equipment and consumables in an acceptable manner saving on resources where possible.
- Utilise office equipment in a safe manner reporting any faults in a timely manner.
Essential Knowledge & Experience
- Experience working as an Office Administrator or similar role.
- Must be able to achieve UKSV SC Security Clearance with no restrictions.
- Maintaining confidentiality, integrity and availability at all times.
- Diligent and timely process execution .
- Professional, polite and personable.
- Able to work independently and to timescales.
- Able to collaborate with business functions and staff as required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and standard of personal presentation.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven experience of providing a positive customer experience.
- The ability to use own initiative, and work proactively to achieve results.
- Proficient level of IT skills (MS Office package).
- Excellent telephone manner and ability to deal effectively with outside agencies.
What we'll give you:
The opportunity to grow and be your best self, to learn and develop through accredited training, to progress your career and to gain reward and recognition for excellence with Superstar and Core of Carlisle Awards.
Some of our other benefits include:
- Health and Wellbeing Plans .
- Discounts and cashbacks.
- Paid volunteering days.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Refer a Friend Scheme.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
We're committed to continually developing and improving our package of pay and benefits, ensuring we continue to attract and retain the best people. We're also committed to providing ways to enhance the health, wellbeing, and quality of life for all our colleagues.