To provide a range of Security Services at MBDA Bolton and have a professional and speedy response to any emergencies or incidents that may occur in accordance with the site procedures.
Security personnel are multi-skilled and often provide valuable support to colleagues in other areas.
Security personnel will provide a polite, effective and presentable service to all Guests.
To provide an efficient and effective service at MBDA Bolton and assist in ensuring that it offers a safe and non-threatening environment to all its Guests.
HOURS: . 42 hours over a rotating days and night 4 on 4 off basis.
- Actively participate in delivering Security Services at MBDA Bolton
- Be professional, pleasant, friendly, helpful and courteous at all times whilst carrying out your duties.
- Deal with all lost and found property.
- Continuously look for opportunities to help Guests and promote service excellence
- Participate in ensuring that MBDA Bolton is a safe and non-threatening environment for all Guests, staff and tenants.
- Undertake a general internal and external patrol service to prevent theft, unauthorised entry, access control, etc.
- Register all occurrences and emergencies and liaise with emergency services on site as and when required.
- Ensure all assets at MBDA Bolton are protected.
- Provide First Aid assistance as and when required. Trained personnel only.
- Deal efficiently with emergencies including major incidents such as fire, bomb scares, etc.
- Be responsible to comply with Health and Safety at work requirements, Fire Regulations, COSHH Regulations and safe working practices, including the use of prescribed protective clothing or equipment.
- Support the development of all procedures and policies.
- Keep and maintain detailed and accurate records of all incidents that occur.
- To carry out duties as per site security procedures and undertake training required
- Ensure that the site Security procedures, Health & Safety and Security risk assessments are being adhered to as per the security management system
- Ensure that all customer complaints are captured, documented and passed to the Security Management.
- The job holder should ensure that he/she understands all functions and roles of others relevant to his/her own.
- Undertake any reasonable request from your line manager
- Support and work towards all objectives including convergence in particular environmental & recycling targets
Communication skills - Speaks clearly, fluently and in a compelling manner to both individuals and groups. Writes in a clear and concise manner, using appropriate grammar, style and language for the reader
Problem solving and analysis - Analyses issues and breaks them down into their component parts. Makes systematic and rational judgements based on relevant information
Action orientation - Demonstrates a readiness to make decisions, take the initiative and originate action.
Creativity and innovation - Creates new and imaginative approaches to work-related issues. Identifies fresh approaches and shows a willingness to question traditional assumptions
Operating with integrity Acts with professionalism and integrity at all times when dealing with others, demonstrating a fully responsive and Co-Operative manner in order to deliver the highest level of internal and external service
Resilience - Maintains effective work behaviour in the face of setbacks or pressure. Remains calm stable and in control of themselves.
Flexibility - Successfully adapts to changing demands and conditions.
Communications and Working Relationships- Supporting the Operational management in the areas of Quality, Safety, Health and Environmental issues. To ensure smooth delivery of service to the client.
Framework, Boundaries, Decision Making Authority and Responsibility:
- To adhere to all security procedures implemented
- It is essential for the job holder to know when it is appropriate to seek advice or authority
- May not incur costs.
- Not authorised to approve the purchase of capital equipment.
- Not authorised to enter into contracts on the Company's behalf.
Qualifications: GCSE/CSE Standard in English and Mathematics.
It is essential that the job holder has the appropriate SIA licenses in Front Line security / Door Supervision
Basic Health and Safety certificate desirable. Knowledge of COSHH regulations.
Experience: A demonstrable track record in the security / Corporate security sector.
Skills and Personal Qualities:
- Display the highest standards of personal presentation to maintain the professional image of MBDA Bolton
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and forward plan to avoid incidents or issues
- Ability to make decisions, take the initiative and originate action.
- Excellent interpersonal, communications and the ability work openly and collaboratively with all members of staff to maximise team work and centre morale
- Flexible and Adaptable
- The job holder must present a professional image at all times.
- The job holder must be able to obtain National Security Clearance