Leonardo is the largest inward investor in the UK defence sector and one of the biggest suppliers of defence equipment to the UK MOD. Expansion at their strategic site in Yeovil means we are now looking to recruit multiple new members to our fantastic Security team.
What are we looking for Security Officers ……. experienced, new to the industry or willing to train, we have a range of options to suit your personal circumstances:
- Immediate starts for experienced SIA licensed Security Officers seeking long term full-time work.
- Free SIA licence top up and First Aid training if your licence has expired.
- Support roles to provide planned and short-notice cover - for a minimum 30 hours per week.
- Fully funded SIA training and First Aid training if you are keen to get into the industry but not yet qualified.
What do we offer - excellent pay and benefits:
Increased earnings potential in line with additional responsibilities.
- Full-time work and the opportunity to work overtime, support with developing your skills and your career through ongoing in-house and accredited training.
- Quality kit and uniform, everything you need to perform your role effectively.
- Free SIA top up training and First Aid training if you're already SIA licensed.
- Free secure parking on-site.
- Company pension scheme after qualifying period.
- Access to Private Healthcare and Wellbeing Plans.
- Wagestream - financial support and access to wages ahead of payday if required.
- Discounts and cashbacks.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Reward and Recognition scheme including Superstar and Core of Carlisle Awards.
- Refer a Friend Scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
We're committed to continually developing and improving our package of pay and benefits, ensuring we continue to attract and retain the best people. We're also committed to providing ways to enhance the health, wellbeing, and quality of life for all our colleagues.
What do you need:
- SIA DS licence preferable with some experience in a Security role (free training available for non-SIA licence holders).
- A passion for delivering great service, an ability to build rapport, effective relationship building and communication skills, calmness under pressure, smart appearance, and
- A willingness to learn, flexibility to work both day and night shifts.
- A full UK driving licence and 5-year checkable work history - you will need to be Security Cleared.
- Physical fitness as you'll patrol the site as part of your duties, this means 3-4 hours of walking on some shifts.
- Residency in the UK for the past five years.
What you'll do:
It's a committed and active role, with a range of responsibilities, but that's one of the things that makes it such a great place to work. You'll meet great people, learn new things, and be part of a specialist, diverse, and supportive team where everyone is welcome.
- You'll provide a visible and proactive security presence for all on site employees and visitors.
- Registering contractors, issuing temporary badges, book in/out cars & directing visitors.
- Awareness of relevant emergency and escalation procedures and be the first point of contact when an incident occurs.
- Provide a visual and physical deterrent to individuals or groups wanting to gain access to site illegally.
- Control access and egress, conducting security patrols to deter crime.
- Be aware of hazards, react to medical incidents and respond appropriately.
- Manage traffic, including vehicle access, directing flow, signing in and directing visitors.
- Manage the security of classified information and materials, helping to maintain the security of the site conducting internal patrols, furniture checks, desk checks and car searches.
- Operate the control room/gatehouse and reception systems.
So what are you waiting for? Apply now and one of the team will reach out to discuss the opportunities in more detail.