At Carlisle Support Services we are currently looking for professional, energetic, and enthusiastic people who are interested in pursuing a career in Rail. We have opportunities for immediate employment for Security Officers who can work across various train station on our Transpennine Express contract.
The successful candidates will be working within a small team of officers in an extremely important security role, patrolling the stations to support the safety and security of staff and customers. This is a rewarding role which requires vigilance and great customer service.
- Location : Manchester Airport
- Pay : £10.25
- Shift : average 48 hours weekly
Who are we looking for? Someone with the following:
- Excellent customer service, honest, passionate, and hard working
- Right to work documentation
- Security guard or higher SIA license
- Ability to provide 5-year checkable history for vetting purposes
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Ability to do the advertised shifts
What will we give you?
- £10.25 pay rate
- Approachable management team with genuine interest in staff welfare
- Free SIA refresher courses and provision of financial support to renew SIA licenses.
- Generous pension
- 28 days holiday including bank holiday (pro rata)
- Wagestream salary advance scheme
- Employee awards with attached shopping vouchers
- Uniform and PPE required for the proper execution of your mandate
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Refer-a-friend bonus of £100 for every person employed through your reference (T&C apply)
- Access to in-house online training portal with 100s of relevant free courses
What will you do?
- Conduct effective and highly visibility patrols at your area of operation to deter potential threats
- Effectively use customer service as a deterrence to potential threats.
- Utilisation of HOT and WHAT protocols to identify and eliminate security threats.
- Reporting of suspicious behaviour or objects through laid down procedure
- Conducting regular, recorded patrols and reporting observations on Work-IT boards.
- Accurate logging of relevant site activities in the DOB.
- Understand the station security plan and your responsibilities under the plan
- Identify and report faults as well as damages through effective patrol and monitoring
- Deal with each security incident and ad hoc service requests in accordance with the procedures agreed with TPE.
- Respond to emergency alarms including fire, intruder etc
- Enforce no smoking policy on site.
- Guide Police and Fire Crews to the scene of any incidents.
- Ensure proper handover takes place at shift changes.