Carlisle Support Services have an exciting new opportunity for full time Security Officers based in Filton, Bristol.
Purpose of the Role:
The successful candidate will join our small friendly team providing 24/7 security cover for this defence business working 12 hour shifts across days and nights at a modern and comfortable facility with free parking and good public transport links.
- Maintaining an awareness of site security issues working closely with security colleagues and ensuring a professional shift handover.
- Awareness of relevant emergency and escalation procedures, as the first point of contact when an incident occurs.
- Providing a visual and physical deterrent to any individual or group wanting to gain access to site illegally.
- Securing the site by controlling access and egress, carrying out security patrols to deter crime.
- Assisting in the maintenance of site security by conducting internal patrols, furniture checks and desk checks.
- Operating the IT systems in the Control Room and out of hours reception.
- SIA Licence (current licence preferred but training can be provided for the suitable applicant).
- First Aid Certificate (training can be provided for the successful applicant).
- Previous work experience as a Security Officer or a customer service role would be an advantage.
- Ability to be resourceful and pro-active when issues arise.
- Physical fitness is required as the role requires security patrolling and emergency response activities.
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite - especially Excel & Word would be an advantage.
- Professional attitude and smart appearance required.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills and excellent organisational skills.
- Effective time-management skills with the ability to prioritise tasks.
Due to the nature of business, applicants need to achieve and maintain a HMG SC security clearance without restrictions that would inhibit the individual's ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Work history for the past 5 Years must be provided to meet UK Home Office Security Screening Standards.
What we'll give you:
The opportunity to grow and be your best self, to learn and develop through accredited training at an iconic venue, to progress your career and to gain reward and recognition for excellence with Superstar and Core of Carlisle Awards. Benefits include:
- Health and Wellbeing Plans.
- Discounts and cashbacks.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Access to Wagestream.
- Refer a Friend Scheme.
We are committed to continually developing and improving our package of pay and benefits, ensuring we continue to attract and retain the best people. We're also committed to providing ways to enhance the health, wellbeing, and quality of life for all our colleagues.